+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please say a prayer for my niece

Please say a prayer for my niece

We just found out today that our 23 y/o niece has been diagnosed with a blood clot in her brain and a brain stem tumor. They are still consulting with doctors to determine the best course of treatment. I do not know what her prognosis is or what they think my have caused this. She had been having double vision and MIL went with her to the eye doctor last week. Upon examining her, they sent her to the ER for tests, blood work, the usual stuff. They tried to get an MRI at some point but she was unable to be in the tube well so she finally had an open MRI last night and that's when all this was revealed. My SIL wants to keep this "in the family" but we need to get some prayers going for this girl!
    Her name is Jennifer and I really appreciate any prayers and good thoughts you may send her way.
    thank you

Kathy

Re: Please say a prayer for my niece

prayers for your niece.
    shelley

Sending prayers and hugs for her healing!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I am sending prayers too!! how scary..keep us posted.

Oh Kathy, how scary for everyone concerned. I will certainly be praying for Jennifer and her family.

Oh Kathy, I will be thinking of you and sending hugs too.......
    Dee

She and your family are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Is it a giglioma-I am not sure I spelled it right. Hoping the doctors will find the right answers soon.

any news yet Kathy? I am sending those prayers and sending good wishes

Last I heard from my SIL the clot is behind her sinus cavity and is what was causing the double vision. She is on heparin and Coumadin now, the are hoping to dissolve it(I think). The tumor is small, although small to me is split pea size. Apparently it's the size of a grape, hopefully a small grape. Some test was done that sounds like a PET scan wherein there is a dye and the tumor did not react to the dye so they think it is benign. I still don't know if they are going to do a biopsy of it, it's in a sensitive area! However if it gets larger they are going to begin her on radiation.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and good thoughts, my caring Shackie friends mean so much to me.

Kathy

Prayers have been said for healing for Jennifer. (((HUGS))) fr you Kathy, this has got to be a scary time for you.
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread