+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's get some chatter going on our site....

Re: Let's get some chatter going on our site....

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    Think how fun it would be if we could all be together to celebrate Halloween!
    oh ya..that would be fun!!

We are going to Zoo Boo tomorrow night which is trick or treating in the evening at the Detroit Zoo. We are taking our young niece, her friend, my brother and his wife will bring our little nephews and a few friends of his and their kids will be joining us this year too. Hopefully after we'll all go out for a burger or something.

We don't get any kids here even though we are in a populated area. We live on a main street and kids rarely cross and almost all the houses before and after us don't pass out so after our first few years here we stopped too. It's pretty disheartening when you have a box of 60 bags of chips and you get 8 kids! We have in the past passed out at either my moms or his dads house also. I sort of get my fix of seeing the cute little kids when we go to the zoo, not like having a bunch of teenagers dressed in a sports jersey come to the door.

The receptionists usually dress up a little or wear a silly hat at work. Being the assistant and having to do surgery makes wearing any kind of costume a bit of a pain. I was a lumberjack one year, complete with Elmer Fudd hat. I have an awful pic one of my coworkers took of me, but it's somewhere lost in all the pics we have.

Kathy

Actually, I forgot this earlier but here our hospitals offer to xray candy if the parents want to bring it in. Do you have anything like that going on? It does sound awful, doesn't it?

I think hospitals everywhere do that now, sad that they have to, but even when I was a kid there was always talk of razor blades in apples.

We have a huge rain storm coming in so I don't know how much rain we'll get for our zoo trick or treating tonight. Boo hiss, it's rain or shine so I guess if it really pours we will end up skipping it and just lose the money for the tickets. I have a giant Pooh umbrella if it just is a light rain so we'll see.

Kathy

5. Re: Let's get some chatter going on our site....

Kids are too old to trick or treat but I think they might be doing student counil trunk or treat at their school's church. I decorate inside & outside 'cause I'm ready for CHRISTMAS and this is acceptable decorating early. LOL We dont pass out candy 'cause we too get about 300 trick or treaters, more than half of whom don't live ANYWHERE near here!!!! And I get annoyed at the high schoolers who come out & try to get candy!!! A few years ago, we bribed the kids to stop trick or treating by offering them $10 cash & 3 bags of candy of their own choosing. Now, we put all the decorations away on the 30th (ToT night here as we have a HUGE parade on the 31st) and just stay in. Plus, since I have to work late both the 30th & 31st, I couldn't do anything anyway

Suzi, that sounds like a very reasonable compromise. I'd go for it!

Kathy

I would definitely take the cash, and I'd be looking for ROLOs or something like that!!

+ Reply to Thread