+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magazine subscriptions

1. Magazine subscriptions

Over the years I have received a few stamp magazine subscriptions...which come due at end of the year...so it is time to decide what I now perfer.

Perhaps it is because it is so easy to now find online stamping inspiration that in general I am not finding stamping magazines as appealing as I once did. However, I did just discover "Craft stamper" that carries the banner tagline "The UK's number one magazine for stamping enthusiasts". I have only been able to find it at Barnes and Noble and they only display a couple copies. It is as tall as other UK magazines but does not come in a plastic wrap and does not include the monthly stamp in the US. The magazine has a heavy emphasis on techniques with new twists which I love and is mostly picture tutorials. I just was able to purchase my 2nd magazine so I am wondering if anyone else has purchased it and your thoughts about it.
    Any other magazine suggestions? What do you buy?

Re: Magazine subscriptions

I have not seen the Craft Stamper, but like you I don't subscribe to hardly any now. There are so many blogs and other online inspiration. I will probably keep Card Maker and that's about it. I enjoy having one that I can take with when I am waiting etc...

I don't think I have noticed this one. I do subscribe to several magazines still. I need all the inspiration I can get!!! LOL

I have not, but it sounds like something I would really like. are you going to suscribe?

5. Re: Magazine subscriptions

I may because it is hard to figure out B&N display times and I do not go often enough. But I would like to see a little more or have good reviews by others too.

It sounds like a really interesting magazine. I checked ebay, and a bunch of these magazines were selling on there.
    shelley

I always puzzle over mag. subs. I have decided that the only one I really want is one from the UK...comes in a plastic bag, always has stamps or a dvd or something with it. I think its called CRAFTING AND STAMPING or something like that. I really like that one. I have the same problem with my knitting mags...anyone subscribe to any of those?? I get XRX and Knit Simple...cutting down to just Knit Simple.

Hmmm, I used to subscribe to several but I let them all run out because I like the tutorials and videos that I find on-line better. I do really miss a couple of them and still buy once in a while. That UK one sounds really nice.
    Dee

I've let mine run out as well. I look at so much online now, I couldn't justify the cost. (My favourites were sometimes $12, $13 here in Canada) I do miss the feel and ease of reading them in bed, however.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread