+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Such a senseless tragedy

1. Such a senseless tragedy

It is hard for me to comprehend what happened today in Connecticut. I am so heartbroken for the families of those children and adults who were killed. I will never understand why anyone would do this. I saw a t-shirt on Facebook that said "God, why did you allow this to happen in our schools?" God replied "I am not allowed in schools." This is the country I live in....land of the free and home of the brave.... and it only took one person to get prayer taken out of our schools. If ever we need to pray for our country, it is now.

Re: Such a senseless tragedy

Words can't explain how sad this is.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I to have been watching or listening to the news today. I find it difficult to even imagine what all of those families are going through tonight. The kids that will have difficulty going to sleep tonight, the lossed who will not make it home tonight. I know we are all struggling with the loss and offering sympathy and empathy but I think the teachers in that school really saved many lives. To be able to play games with kids in order to distract them.. they sure were heros today.
    Nicole

it is such a sad event, and I too do not understand how someone could do this, and I feel so much for those those effected. all i can say is what i said to Angie earlier tonight..God must have plan..even if we cannot understand it.
    my prayers go out to all effected by this.

So very sad, there are no words to explain how devastating this is. What is wrong with our world, our young people...

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    So very sad, there are no words to explain how devastating this is. What is wrong with our world, our young people...
    Agreed, what possibly can make someone feel that killing kindergardeners is an answer to anything. And I was aware again and again of everyone in authority I heard speaking asking for prayers for everyone involoved. Then why are we not supposed to pray in so many settings, but that's the first thing we are turning to? Crazy world we live in.

Kathy

My heart is breaking for that school community. This has really hit home for me. I work in a kindergarten and just can't fathom having to cope with such a devastating scenario. How can you even try to protect 20 kids? who would you cover first? would I be able to think straight to protect anyone, or would I freeze in fear? I don't think I would want to survive such a tragedy if even one of my babies didn't make it. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the world who has been affected deeply.
    Sarah

no words....so heartbreaking!
    Dee

So hard to get my mind around what happened...what has happened to our country...why can't we have a prayer in school? Isn't that the way this country was founded? Why did we allow it to be changed? Have you noticed it's almost impossible to buy a video game that isn't violent??? What's up with that? Who is making the rules/laws? What happened to our original beliefs that our country was founded on??? Who's making these decisions??

I actually grew up with the family of the school's principal. I never met her, but as a kid, I was around her mom and aunt and uncles a lot.
    It really hit home for me...as I feel such an affinity to anyone in an elementary school. I spent many years teaching 4th grade.
    I get goosebumps just thinking about it.
    HUGS to us all.

+ Reply to Thread