+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kathy's creative endeavor for Monday

Kathy's creative endeavor for Monday

I really wanted to make something because I WANTED to, not because I had to. I headed down to my chilly stamp area, bugged some paper with an embossing folder that I just love. Applied VersaMark to some of the raised areas, applied SU's Heat & Stick powder, heated(duh) and then applied some Pearl Ex which does not receive the love that it should.

Disaster, ok that's harsh but the result was not good and I gave up after one color. The Versa Mark, I applied with a cosmetic sponge, didn't just go where I wanted it to sadly and then when I poured on the heat & stick it went in too many other areas around the flowers. Same with the mica powder, I had sort of a halo effect around the flowers. Not what I was going for!

I may try this yet again and brayer the Versa Mark right onto the folder, but I didn't want all the flowers done at one time since I wanted to do them in different colors. Must think on this some more.

Kathy

2. Re: Kathy's creative endeavor for Monday

What about applying some chalks for colour Kathy?

Re: Kathy's creative endeavor for Monday

Interesting! I applaude your trying! Sometimes I try new things that don't work so well, then I look around at all the stuff I have and say to myself- what am I thinking- I can't even do this simple little technique but then I find practice does usually help.
    I was quite challenged with making the scene of wild animal cards for Nancy's swap. I can't tell you how many card fronts I made before I settled on the 5 that were good. The envelopes were just about another challenge that I thought-sounds fun- I should be able to whip those out and have fun too. I have several heading to recycling. Now that Jan does some cute envie decorations.

You have me thinking now. I have Pearl-ex that I have had forever and I never use it........I use Perfect pearls all the time. Isn't Pearl-ex about the same but just needs a binder of some sort?
    Kudos to you for at least going down and giving it a try!
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    You have me thinking now. I have Pearl-ex that I have had forever and I never use it........I use Perfect pearls all the time. Isn't Pearl-ex about the same but just needs a binder of some sort?
    Kudos to you for at least going down and giving it a try!
    Gee I was just sitting here trying to remember what the difference is between Perfect Pearls and Pearl-Ex.

Yep, that is the difference and sometimes(often) I wish I'd invested in the PP instead of the PE for that reason. I have done chalks on my folder before, I was hoping to see how many different ways I could decorate the folder. I was also considering glitter, but would have the same problem with the VersaMark running amok. Maybe the answer is as simple as applying a glue stick to each area? That is pretty low tech.

My scene envelopes are a bit crazy! Once I got started I couldn't seem to stop and finally had to say "step away from the envelopes, Kathy!" Once they started looking all random, it was time to stop. Don't cringe when you see them, you can always just use it to pay a bill! They definitely did not turn out how I envisioned, but then again neither did my tall card! haha

Kathy

7. Re: Kathy's creative endeavor for Monday

Kathy, do you have a VersaMarker? It would give you a lot more control over the coverage. I know sometimes the tools I don't use often are forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Kathy, do you have a VersaMarker? It would give you a lot more control over the coverage. I know sometimes the tools I don't use often are forgotten.
    How funny, great minds think alike. Looks like you were posting this as I was laying in bed and thinking that same thing! I have a VersaMarker and am going to give that a try as well. I did go back down(and brought supplies up to the warmer kitchen) and played with alcohol and inks some results better than others. I think I am going to find a few sketch/layout challenges to use them in.

Kathy

sounds interesting. what about using a q tip..or I have a versa mark pen..

It was MONDAY and for superstitions I cringe when I get a phone call Monday mornings and a woman is on the other end, its like the whole week is shot. If it is a male voice, I tend to have a good week. I dont know when I started that but it has been years and years. Just like it gets dark on Wednesday afternoons around 4 because my mother in law said that was when the world was created. But I still won't try something new on Monday.- Nancy

+ Reply to Thread