+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED AGAIN- All info re: Bingo game is here

1. Re: Let's talk about Bingo!

Oh Kimmy, what a creative thought! I am not usually one for gift cards but I am working so hard not to have an excess of products I am not using in my craft room. A gift card would allow the winner to purchase something that they truly would look forward to using. The winner could decide a local shop if the like or a online store and either way a gift card could be purchased online...or a Visa/mastercard could be purchased for that matter. Anyways that is far easier and cheaper that mailing prizesto a coordinating person and then mailing them onto the winner.

What do others think of a gift card?

Re: Let's talk about Bingo!

I think the gift card idea is great! Then the winner can splurge on something they really want. But I'm good with whatever everyone else wants to do.......
    Dee

I am good with either prize amount. I think we should mail them to the organizer. On the bottom of my signature is an "immortalization" of my winning numbers. Once I post this message I will count and edit!

**Both games were 10 numbers.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    I don't feel an expensive prize is ever necessary for our games. What do we do if we want to play again? How can we keep up with pricey prizes? Something small, with a limit of worth. Maybe we can all send to one person as a clearing house for prize distribution. THAT sounds like a terrible job.....wow.
    Thoughts?
    Joanie
    Joanie, like I said, for this first start up game I would like there to be some excitement over having a nice prize for the winner. For any subsequent games that we have, we don't need to have any prize or just one small item. If you are uncomfortable with sending a prize in you can certainly pass this time and play next time when you will have more opportunity to be online.

Kathy

While I do think the gift card idea is a good one, I am not personally really comfortable with people sending me money. A bunch of checks, while I am willing to cash them will be a hassle, I certainly don't want people sending cash- you just don't know these days and I am really not set up to accept Paypal although I guess I could figure it out. I did take PP when I sold some stamps once.

If the majority of players want to do the gift card, I will bow to the will of the people. Again, part of my role as hostess is to be the prize collector and mailer.

And yes, there were 10 numbers. I was considering cutting it down to 75, but will probably keep it at 100.

Kathy

Definitely don't want it to turn into a big hassle for you Kathy! Maybe easier if we all send a small prize and some stamps? Like I said, I'm good with however you choose to go about it. The fun is in participating in the daily checking of your numbers.
    Dee

I would never want to look a gift horse in the mouth so please don't think this is a complaint, just a thought to consider. I had won a GinaK gift certificate as a prize. I think it was for bingo. Anyway, I was thrilled and really love the stamp set I picked out. The bummer was that it cost me something like $15 for shipping and handling to get it. I am sure rates are better for US gals, but just a thought I had.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

8. Re: Let's talk about Bingo!

Heather-I have experienced that too...yeah I do know takes away a big piece of a nice prize. So that is why I was suggesting a gift card to the winner's choice. It could be to a local business for you if a card could be purchased online or to an online store if you use one from time to time or a generic card like a Visa gift card that you could use at you local crafting store than is not online.

I have won prizes where the host has done this for me and I have the gift card code in literally minutes from talking to the host.

Truly I am fine with whatever works best for you Kathy.

9. Re: Let's talk about Bingo!

I'm in! I like the $3-5 prize idea, but I'll go along with whatever the group decides. If I remember right each player picks 10 numbers out of 100 and 5 numbers were called each day.
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

changes made to original post, bumping up.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread