+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question

Quick question

For the first time in a long time I found myself using colored pads other than just black. How often do you use colored pads? Do you have reinkers for all of them? How many pads do you have?? Do you buy reinkers for every pad you buy? When do you think you "need" a new pad?

Re: Quick question

I have at least 60 SU coloured pads and about 15 TH Distress ones. I don't think I have the re-inker for any of them. I bought a few re-inkers for techniques, just not of the colours I have. I have no idea why I thought I needed all those inks, I sure don't need that many since I generally stamp in black or brown. I do use them for edging and sponging I guess. I have so many colours of SU paper I guess I wanted to co-ordinate it all!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I use most often black or brown. I do use red pretty often, have many other colors but don't use them really often, sometimes for sentiments or something. I don't have re-inkers for many tho. I have several of the Tim Holtz pads to and a few reinkers. I don't use them often but seem to collect them just as with Memento's which is my fav. For the coasters (tile) I have a selection of Stazon in colors that I use.
    I like to color so that is why black and browns are my go to.

i ahve a bunch og the distress inks,a nd a few reinkers for them. otherwise I mostly use black and brown too, I do have 4 staze ons, black, brown, green, red. I have about 1t5 lil ink pads(you know the minis) in colors, and I bought a few amuse ink pads last year..I love them..so I guess it's just about what you use

5. Re: Quick question

I generally I make my own backgrounds with distress inks, reinkers and create many speciaty techniques with inks.

As for when to reink a pad-I look at my stamp most every time I ink it to be sure the coverage is complete and it is good 'n damp looking with ink. If not I go back to the ink pad. A stamped image should look crisp and complete with the newly stamped ink. If the pad is too dry it will produce an uneven image or light image. Sometimes a dry ink pad will cause the stamp to stick to plain paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    I generally I make my own backgrounds with distress inks, reinkers and create many speciaty techniques with inks.

As for when to reink a pad-I look at my stamp most every time I ink it to be sure the coverage is complete and it is good 'n damp looking with ink. If not I go back to the ink pad. A stamped image should look crisp and complete with the newly stamped ink. If the pad is too dry it will produce an uneven image or light image. Sometimes a dry ink pad will cause the stamp to stick to plain paper.
    Those are good tips Jan!

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

I have sooooo many ink pads in lots of different colors. The first ink pads I fell in love with were Marvy Matchables... I have 27 of them and re-inkers for most. I really like using color ink pads in my work... trees in green, flowers in lots of different colors, alphabets in color, etc, etc, etc. But then I found Memento ink pads and like the black almost more than anything else I have... and I went out and got most of the small Memento pads in lots of different colors (they come in sets of 4). I find that I'm more about color than almost anything else... that's my reason and I'm stickin' to it!
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

I have so many different colors of inks, both dye, pigment, some distress, K-pads. I love all my colors. I do have reinkers for lots of them because I like juicy pads! My old SU demo had such dry pads, it made me crazy. And like Jan, I like to use the reinkers for stuff other than their original use.

Kathy

For most stamping I generally use versafine Onyx Black or sepia brown inks. I have re-inkers for both. I have all the distress ink colours, and reinkers for about half of them. I use these for background sponging and techniques, and also for watercolor painting.
    Sarah

I think it is safe to say that we all have one thing in common....an ink addiction! We can justify anything (lol).

+ Reply to Thread