+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

Re: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

I call it sticker paper because that is what it says on the pack. I believe I got it from the Stamping Bug at a convention. They are regular 8 1/2 x 11 sheets. I peeled off the adhesive, placed the lace piece on top of it, poured my glitter on and rubbed it in, tapped off the excess and then removed the lace. I have had this product for several years and didn't remember that it only had adhesive on one side. Obviously I must have just used my tape to attach it to the card front.

Maybe they called it that because you could stamp on the one side and have adhesive on the other thus making a sticker? I have always used it for the adhesve part and used the other side as the back.

Kathy

Well, It took me the better part of an hour but I finally figured out how to upload to the gallery with my Ubuntu system. I put my glitter card there. Now I hope I remember all the steps on my end the next time. Phew........
    Dee

3. Re: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

Happy dance time Dee...I know you have spent a lot of energy on being able to post in the gallery...and your gallery post sure paid off your efforts. I love the you were able to make a fabulous cleanly designed card with the glitter strips you made! Terrific inspiration!

Betty-thanks for the compliment. But keep visiting this thread...these ladies are the ones coming up with fabulous inspiration! Remember you can click "view member photos" next to any shackies name at the top of a thread to go right to their latest gallery post.

Cindi and Heather-hope we hear if you are having succes or not with the xyron.

Thanks Kathy for the info about the sticker page...I have a full 1 sided page from an avery sample. It sounds similiar.

I know Saturday's can be busy days but stamping and some good artful play sure can help relieve some stress from the week. Thanks for playing with your shackie friends!
    Last edited by Far North; 02-02-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    Well, It took me the better part of an hour but I finally figured out how to upload to the gallery with my Ubuntu system. I put my glitter card there. Now I hope I remember all the steps on my end the next time. Phew........
    Dee, very cool. What the heck is a Ubuntu system? I think all my redline tape is really skinny. I'll have to look.

Did a similar technique years ago at a SU workshop, but she used the little squares of adhesive and glitter. That was a favorite card and one I'd always wanted to replicate.

Kathy

Ubuntu is the system I have instead of Windows. It's super duper fast and doesn't get viruses but definitely has some drawbacks (or maybe I just can't get it all figured out)
    Dee

Well, I finally found supplies to make a card for this challenge.
    I had some sheets of adhesive that were samples - given to me by a printing company.
    I cut out a piece just the right size for my brass stencil, peeled off the top paper and then laid my stencil on the adhesive.
    I didn't have the mica stuff,so I used a tiny brush and filled in the details with Pearl-Ex, then I took off the stencil and filled in the background with white glitter.
    Of course - the other side wasn't sticky. so I had to use my tape runner to stick it to my card, but it worked out well.
    My card is in the gallery Jan. Thanks for making us do something different, and getting the juices flowing.
    I have my adhesive and my gold foil and gold leaf out to play with this afternoon!
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

7. Re: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

Chris-sweet card!! I have some mica flakes and they reflect other colors but they always end up blue and pink...often not the combo I desire! So glad you shopped your stash..and you got terrific results too!
    Last edited by Far North; 02-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.

I just played a bit, and will get a picture taken soon. The xyron gluey part had pretty good "stickum" to hold the glitter and Pearl ex powder but as I was removing the paper from the stencil to do the background, it really stuck to the stencil in a few parts so I had to patch up a spot or two with a glue pen and add glitter to the hole.

I put two different kinds of paper through the xyron so I'll see how the other one fares.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

OKay, here are the two attempts. My vote would be that using my Xyron is not worth it. There are too many holes that the powder / glitter can't stick to and the paper is really curly as it gets peeled off the stencil. If I was going to use either of these pieces, I think I would spray seal them first.

The snowflake stencil had blue Perfect Pearls and then yelllow fine glitter.
    The other one is a fence with ivy but it lost itself in the translation. Dazzling Diamonds for the fence didn't contrast enough with the blue perfect pearls background. I tried flock for the ivy but it didn't stick.

I am very sparkly now and ready for my night out on the town!

js #3 snowflks.jpg

js #3.jpg
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

10. Re: JS Challenge #3 Using double sided adhesive sheets 1/31-2/7

So sorry Heather that the Xyron didn't work so well. Did you adhere the sticky to some cardstock prior to glitter and adding perfect pearls...and it still curled that much? This sound similiar to my experience with the Ranger paper and I too gave it a thumbs down. At least all of us will have good thoughts of you tonight as you glitz up the whole town...Enjoy! And thanks for playing!...Jan

+ Reply to Thread