+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Time to fess up!...when did you learn the dark secrets of stamping?

Re: Time to fess up!...when did you learn the dark secrets of stamping?

Can I just say how happy I was when I got it through my head that my cards don't NEED to be Hallmark 5 1/2 x 7 size! When I started I just used one sheet of cardstock for my base- well as you know that left a LOT of space to fill up on that card. Sheesh, some days I have a hard time filling an A2 size!

Kathy

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

I must have started with Stamping back in 1998, since that's when some of my first sets of STAMPIN' UP! stamps are dated! I know I went to some parties and bought some stamps to be polite. At some point I bought a PAPERCRAFTS Magazine and tried some techniques from that. Then I noticed that it said something about a Website--and once I discovered PCMB things really took off! I became a SWAPPING Fanatic! Then I discovered ATCs! This was a creative outlet that I could really get into--and the community of the PCMB was marvelous too!

I have to admit that my version of Scrapbooking and keeping record books of my two boys kind of went by the wayside when this obsession with stamping grew! I'm kind of sad about that now. But anyway--I had many great years of Swapping, learning new techniques, going to Stampin' Up! parties and buying lots more stamps!

Now I have stopped Swapping although I still belong to one ATC JAMS group. I have slowed way down with Stamping and papercrafting in general. I think I'm kind of taking a 'break' from it all--and plan to continue soon. I have actually been doing more Scrapbooking of vacations lately, than anything else.
    --Lidia

It's funny how we go in cycles. I am in a bit of a can't get into it phase at the moment, but I know it will change when something catches my eye and gets my mojo going again.
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread