+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wk 5 Chall-Stamp Favs LAST CHANCE

1. Wk 5 Chall-Stamp Favs LAST CHANCE

Challenge #5 Stamping Favorites 2/21-closes Wednesday 2/27 at noon PST

Each of us has several favorites that bring us a smile as we work. Our favorites help make our projects “go right”.

This Week’s Challenge: stamp a card or other project that includes at least one favorite from each category:
    1. One stamp you LOVE
    2. Ink combination you LOVE
    3. Technique, sketch or a tool you LOVE
    You may add anything else you wish.

To enter:
    • Place photo in this gallery and share basics of how you made it. AND
    • Post a comment here about your 3 favorites included in this card.
    Winner-a random winner will be selection next Wednesday for a RAK
    Last edited by Far North; 02-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Re: Week #5 Challenge-Stamping Favorites

Cool challenge!!
    Dee

fun!! thanks Jan

This was an easy one for me! Once I figured out which favorite stamp I wanted to use, the rest fell into place 1-2-3! The little owl stamp/punch from SU was an easy choice and even the layout is one I have used for a few cards for friends. I do like the pink/black color combo but did need to add a little bit of color for the branches and flowers. One of my favorite tools is my Cuttlebug which was used for the papers which all went through an embossing folder, the Sixxlit branch, cutting out the sentiment with a Nestie- you get the idea! I guess I used more than one favorite tool with my Bug, Nesties, owl punch and embossing folders!
    Stamp- SU Owl
    Color combo- Pink & Black
    Tool- Cuttlebug, Owl punch, Embossing folders, Nestabilities

Kathy

5. Re: Week #5 Challenge-Stamping Favorites

Kathy, that's a great card...and fantastic inspiration to get others started on this fun challenge.
    Thanks for playing!

I combined the challenge with Kathy's quilt card question. Lots of details on the gallery post.

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/dat...rown_quilt.jpg
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

7. Re: Week #5 Challenge-Stamping Favorites

Fantastic quilted card design! Fun reading about your favorites. I didn't know about you and your daughter's experience in stamp designing...that must have been tons of fun to actually get to enjoy your results. Fantastic calico-like stamp design. Your directions are clear to me and I hope other's give quilt designs a try they are fun and a great card to receive.
    Heather, thanks for playing!

Awesome card Heather!
    Dee

Heather, that card is awesome and I love that you did a quitling one too! I am glad you said it was pink & brown cause on my monitor it looked like a red print with a gray one! I'm glad my question inspired you.

Kathy

10. Re: Wk 5 Chall-Stamp Favs LAST CHANCE

This challenge closes at noon PST on Wednesday.
    I have reviewed the MiX challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers and feel this weekly Friday series includes topics similiar to the jump starts. So instead of continuing to host challenges at this time I am strongly encouraging Shackies to join in the fun and learning with the SCS MiX challenges. I will play the challenges as time permits and will post links here as I can. Hope others share their mixed media work and exploration of new ideas on these topics. Hope to see your work in the Shack gallery!

Here is what I already posted regarding the mixed challenges:

Quoted from the SCS site--Welcome to the Mix-Ability Challenge! Our challenge is every Friday, beginning February 1, and we'd love for you to join us.
    Our goal is to make mixed media simple and approachable, and to let you experiment using things you already have.

Here are our guiding principles.
    This is a mixed media challenge, with the goal of teaching people how simple Mixed Media can be, and how you can get a range of looks with Mixed Media - Clean & Simple, Vintage, Modern, Abstract, Grunge and much more.

A "medium" can be any of the following:
    • Pencils - wax, oil, watercolor, graphite/charcoal, chalk/pastel
    • Pastels - chalk, oil
    • Markers - watercolor, pigment, water-based, acrylic
    • Pens - ink, glitter
    • Pigments - Gelatos, watercolor crayons, metallic rubons
    • Paints - watercolor, acrylic, oil, poster, tempera
    • Inks - dye, chalk, distress, reinkers, pigment, hybrid
    • Powders - mica, pigment, chalk
    • Sprays & airbrushing
    • Dimensional - embossing paste, gesso, fabric, found items, papers (collage, piecing) & ephemera, foils
    • Heated elements - encaustic wax, embossing

And a "mix" can be any two or more of these items or others.

Here is this week’s challenge information.
    Challenge gallery wk 4

Thanks to everyone who played, gave thoughts to playing or left us wonderful comments!
    Last edited by Far North; 02-27-2013 at 02:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread