+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with Ink pads

Need help with Ink pads

What and Which inkpads should I buy that won't smear when I hit the outline from the stamps. I always seem to get a black smudge and it is irritating me. I am willing to get new black inkpads mainly because of this happening. Thanks in advance- Nancy

Re: Need help with Ink pads

I love my Versafine pads for the crispness but it took me ages (okay, at least a year!) to figure out that I need to let the image dry for at least 15 minutes before I try to work with it. I was even smearing it when I took it to the cutter. So I know exactly what you mean. I still use the Versafine but now I either hit it with the heat gun or just get other parts ready while it dries. I hear the Stampin Up pads are new and improved. The old black dried right away and was waterproof but it was too "purple" looking for me, not a real, true black. Not sure if they fixed that part of it or not, but it never smeared on me.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Who sells Stampin Up on here, come forth and let me know if the new pads are better, you might have a customer!! Thanks Heather, I have thrown so many supplies away that have dried up or just dont work anymore. Thanks for the input on Versemark, I had to laugh Heatgun, it has been so long since I used it, I'll have to look for it. I hope someone puts all the chairs in the gallery, they should be arriving about now, they are so nice. - Nancy

The Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad is a good all-purpose ink. It's a dye ink so I still use my Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink for embossing.

5. Re: Need help with Ink pads

I use black stazon when I want a crips black image. Works most of the time. If I'm wanting something slightly softer I use Burnt Umber Palette ink or the Timber Brown stazon. Both dark enough but not quite as stark as black!!! I have no idea how quick they dry but quick enough to "watercolor" w/my markers....

I love the Momento Ink Pads especially when coloring with copics/bics/sharpies or gamsol and pencils. I use Stazon for other things but like with the versafine it is important to wait. I am usually to impatient to wait long so I use the heat gun.

I believe that Sweet Pea-Mary sells Stampin Up and I am sure there are others. I sell A/Muse now along with Sherri aka iloveflipflops and others.

GinaK has lots of momento's on her website as well as her new inks that are fabulous too. My Michaels no longer carries Momento's so I have to order them.

Archival ink
    Sarah

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

I use Memento. I use it for everything I stamp. It doesn't run when coloring and it dries fast after you've stamped it. I use the Memento fade-resistant dye ink in Tuxedo Black. I've had this same ink pad for probably two years and I've never had to replace it or refill it yet. I highly recommend it.

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Memento Tuxedo Black for almost everything.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

+ Reply to Thread