+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Becca's going to college

Re: Becca's going to college

I'm sorry, didn't know it was a bad subject. I'll go back to my corner now.

Kathy

2. Re: Becca's going to college

No Kathy! Thanks for trying to help. I have issues. LOL I was unprepared & I should have taken the inititive but I was in denial. Now, I need someone ot blame & FAFSA gets it all. LOL

Re: Becca's going to college

Suzi, luckily we were able to help Corey thru 3 years of college but his final year, we chose to let him take the loan and start learning what real life is like. He took a Sallie Mae loan and only pays a minimum amount during the semesters he is attending. When he graduates, his payments go up but by then he hopes to have a good paying job.

You made the right decision by sending her away to school so she can break out of her comfort zone. No one is too shy to meet someone, go out on dates and eventually get married. Trust me, I'VE been there. I was so shy that if someone even looked at me, I would blush beet red but it all worked out fine. Don't give up on having those grandkids. Good luck to you and Becca. It's a fun but scary time for both of you. When we dropped Corey off in Atlanta, I cried for 7 hours straight while driving home and that bittersweet feeling lasted for about 2 years every time I saw him. When you see them grow and become independent, it's the best feeling in the world; and you know you've done your job successfully.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread