+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new job ....

1. My new job ....

So I have been at my new job for about 5 weeks. I love it, even though I am working a lot more hours than promised. I am not complaining because the paychecks have been wonderful!! But ... a friend of mine said there is a job opening at her company now too. Its for Fluent Sign Language and she schedules people who call in for sign language. She wants me to apply next week. It does pay more and does offer benefits (which mine now does not). Its definitely full time - 40 hours a week, no work on weekends (which mine isn't now) and I would have to commute 30 miles twice a day which isn't bad (heck, I commute now 75 miles three-four times a week at different walmarts). So I am going to fill out an application and just see what they have to offer. My ex-neighbor works there now and loves it.

Hubby is already saying you need to take it, you need to take it ... but I love my new job now!!!

I'm going to keep an open mind and see what happens. Will let you know what I do next week.
    The Shackretary

Re: My new job ....

Good luck on the new job. That would be funny if Charlie took your old one! I hope the new one doesn't interfere with Palooza! I can't wait to see you.
    sweetpea

3. Re: My new job ....

I won't let it Mary. No way, no how!!!!
    The Shackretary

Good luck Sherri, are you a fluent signer?
    Sarah

that sounds REALLY interesting!! Good luck, and be sure to let us know!!!
    ps, are you allowed to sign with inky hands?

6. Re: My new job ....

I don't know sign language at all! HA HA
    The Shackretary

7. Re: My new job ....

Good luck. Would be nice for you to have benefits!!!!

The kids took sign language in school. They were able to take it as a foriegn language credit!

+ Reply to Thread