+ Reply to Thread

Thread: in celebration of patty finding her cell phone

1. in celebration of patty finding her cell phone

I thought I'd share my mysterious missing items return. (ok, the items weren't really mysterious, their return was but i dont feel like going back & changing it. Instead, I'll take 20 minutes to type this explaining it.... seems like a bad idea in retrospect. yes I know I could now delete the whole thing & type it correctly & y'all'd think i was brilliant but....i feel you should share what goes on inside my head. Sorry. LOL)

Anyway.... Scott is not a hat wearer. Probably because, at 49 years old, he has all of his hair & the original color!!! I hate him for that. No grey, no thinning spot. He even has to have his hair THINNED when he goes to get his hair done!!! Anyway, he owns 2 baseball style caps. He wears them when he goes out for a paper on Sunday monrings & doesn't want to bathe first. Or any time people might see him before he's had a shower. (I dont know why, i'm guessing the caps have mysterious powers that make people immune to his bo??? Then, maybe I should erase the whole first paragraph because this would indeed make the items (or just one) mysterious, right???) So, his favorite cap is one we bought in Disneyland w/goofy on it. He misplaced it & couldn't find it anywhere. I told him to just give up, we must have left it in FL when we went on vaca in November. Fast forward to Fri (oooooo, more illiteration!! Misspelled tho it be), he came home from a week in Omaha (y'all are soooo jealous, aren't you?) and for whatever reason, realizes his cap is between the bifold doors in his closet. HOW he found it there, i have no idea.

So he emails me at work to tell of his great discovery!! I tell him that HIS daughter has lost her class ring. AGAIN and that maybe he should look between HER bifold door in her closet. She did a hard core cleaning about 3 weeks ago & the figurine ontop her night stand where she hangs her ring (it's a little rubber nightlike thing from Ikea called a Spooka or something like that. It wasn't an actual jewerly holder or anything. WHY would we do something NORMAL like that????) fell over & the ring went bouncing away. Instead of being normal, and PICKING IT UP RIGHT THEN, she goes on w/what she's doing.

A week ago, I just randomly ask her where her class ring is & she says she doesn't know. It disappeared the weekend of the great room cleaning & she has no idea. maybe her dad vacuumed it up. Or maybe it fell in the trashcan & her brother took it outside (notice, both of these scenerios AREN'T HER FAULT!!!!) I tell her to look for it. She goes in her room for about 20 minutes & comes back out & says it's not there, she can't find it. For the next 4 days, every night when I get home I tell her to look for it & she says she can't, it's not there.

So, Friday, I tell her to look again. Dad found his missing cap, maybe her missing ring can show up too. I come home, she doesnt say a word but when we go out to dinner, i notice she's wearing her ring!!! She found it inside a kleenex box on her desk chair. (the desk chair sits next to the bed, not under the desk, so she can pile stuff on it. Including half a lap desk w/her computer on it. The other half just hangs in mid-air. VERY SAFE, huh??) The ring apparently bounced into the box & has just lounged there for 3 weeks.

Now, if I could only find the 2 missing earings (not the same PAIR of earings) and my missing sanity, all would be well w/the world!!!

Re: in celebration of patty finding her cell phone

wow, she was lucky! DH had lost his wedding band and after a few years I decided to buy him another one. The very next Christmas, guess was surfaced in the box of Christmas decorations. Now he has two!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

3. Re: in celebration of patty finding her cell phone

Dh lost his wedding band too. A couple years ago, in Spfld MO, at a hotel.... We were all w/him tho. LOL He put it in his pocket 'cause it wasn't fitting right (he has ring paranoia since he had to have his class ring cut off his hand in highschool). Somewhere along the line, it fell out (it was the day after T'giving & we'd shopped too many places to go back & look ) We keep saying we're gonna get him a new one but the kids need too many things (like college) so it just keeps getting put off...

+ Reply to Thread