+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chemo starts next Monday

Re: Chemo starts next Monday

Yeah, the no lactose but eat ice cream makes no snese to me either. My honey has had a port now for, oh gee since 2006 I think, and does ok. Although his is for taking blood out, not putting chemo in.

Maybe you can tell them how hobbies are a help to people, might be good for them to realize. Sometimes doctors focus too much on science and forget about the things that help us just 'live'.
    take care, honey.

Kathy

2. Re: Chemo starts next Monday

Glad to hear your positive outlook! Will love to continue supporting you! Prayers going your way.
    Mary Jayne
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
    John Lennon

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and beyond!!!
    All good, positive, getting healthy thoughts.
    HUGS

All went well for the first chemo-saw the doctor -then they took blood, what a pleasure that port is (smarted when they first poked me, but it was still a little sore from the operation) I only go 1 day a week, for 3 weeks then a week off. Took a peanut butter sandwich along and water for lunch and some people had friends bring in Subway sandwiches. They ate fruit also since they lasted over the lunch hour. It all took about 3 hours. I was tired when I got home, which surprised me since I felt I really hadn't done anything. The medicine they are using is ABRAXANE which is suppose to be easy on the body. So far today I am fine, although they said it can take up to 3 days for being nauseous and I have medication to help that (IHope). no plans for Easter and everyone have a good one. - Nancy

Nancy glad treatment number 1 is behind you! I hope you will continue to feel good and that the meds are easy on your body!!
    Thinking of you!

I am glad you are not nauseous yet, and pray it skips you! Thanks for checking in. We've all been thinking of you.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    I am glad you are not nauseous yet, and pray it skips you! Thanks for checking in. We've all been thinking of you.
    I second these sentiments. Let's hope it passes you by. Happy Easter, Nancy.

Kathy

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Hope the "nausea gods" leave you alone and allow you the joy of an Easter celebration with your family. Prayers and hugs are sent your way.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

9. Re: Chemo starts next Monday

Nancy, I've just stopped by for a browse around and saw your post. I will keep good thoughts for you during the coming months. My daughter has a friend who is on a very similar journey so you will both be in my prayers. I'm going to come back often to read your posts. Take care.

Thinking about you and sending HUGS
    Joanie

+ Reply to Thread