+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stamped canvas video

1. Stamped canvas video

Here is a new Penny Black video in which Jill Foster demonstrates making a stamped canvas. It shows the technique of stamping on tissue paper like I did for the last canvas swap.

Re: Stamped canvas video

Isn't she awesome! I love her videos.
    Dee

thanks Jan

I just watched that one plus another Christmas one she did last year. I feel vindicated, she is calling it Modge Podge! I have a bad habit of calling it that too, for the longest time I swore that WAS the name. No, Kathy. Mod Podge!

Kathy

5. Re: Stamped canvas video

I watched the Christmas one last year but as I recall she felt she could not stamp in the center of the canvas because of the give of the material...so I was glad to see that she too had figured it out this time around. I like her presentations style.

Great video! TFS!

How do you know if the canvas is primed already? Does it say so? I bought some canvases last week and some gesso but wondering if I need to put it on them. I want modge podge a napkin from a bridal shower on to one for a friend? Any suggestions?

Paula, I think most of them get in the craft stores are primed already and I think I have seen that somewhere on the label. Now since I have not seen an unprimed canvas, I can only assume that it would have a muslin look to it as that is what regular canvas looks like. And then the pre-gessoed ones are white. that sounds like a good use of a pretty napkin!

Kathy

I probably don't always need to but I always put my own Gesso on. The Gesso I add always seems to take inks and paints better than what is already on there.
    Dee

9. Re: Stamped canvas video

Yes, the canvas is covered but like Dee I find gesso accepts paint better than the provided surface. Also if the canvas is larger than the napkin I would suggest consider adding some texture/stamping into the gesso with something like a credit card, foam stamps or wax paper. I am not a fan of mod podge as I had covered some boxes that have felt tacky to me years later and yes, I live in an extremely dry climate--I know it is the most popular product. Currently, I have been using gel medium or Inkesentials-Glue and Seal. PS...remember to cover the sides too (I add this cause often it is an after thought for me).

Thanks all- I will let you know how it turns out (maybe) if it looks good I will shoot a pci.
    I wondered what that gel medium was for...off to Michaels!

+ Reply to Thread