+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snow Day

1. Snow Day

According to the news, we got 15.3" in Godfrey in 24 hours. Nearly a record! My car is a giant, un-recognizable lump in the driveway (next to the kids' 2 cars and DH's rental)! They FINALLY plowed our street and the idiot neighbor kid's friend finally moved his sideways car that was blocking about 1/2 the street so I MAYBE could get out (going to work is no an option, LOL) but I have no idea how to even address the mess. Do I clean off the car & then shovel/snow blow ALL that crap??? Do I shovel, then snow blow, then clean off the car?? Or, do I make it someone else's problem, make them move THEIR cars & take the clean nice van that sheltered in the garage all weekend?? LOL

Or, i could go take a nap, do some laundry & work on my tags for Cindi's swap (not necessarily in that order!)

2. Re: Snow Day

Wow, that was a BIG dump of snow! Oh Suzi, when it is that much snow at once it all starts with making a path so you have access to your tools ...before you can even get to the car LOL! Sending you warm wishes and a cuppa cocoa!

3. Re: Snow Day

Cleared off the cars, cleared the back of the driveway, moved the cars in back (just in time for the city snow plow to drive by!!) dug out the front cars, moved the front cars & then dug the sides out.... Kids helped so it all got done. Now, we're taking them to lunch & gotta go fix the MILs satellite dish!!!

Re: Snow Day

WOW!!! I feel your pain....a month or so ago we had our turn. If we didn't parak in the same spots all the time I wouldn't have known which big lump was mine. Thank God for my wonderful neighbor....he always cleans off my car and my front porch and stairs. I try to make him as many brownies as possible. Remind me again why people love Winter????

I do hope this is the end of winter! That groundhog lied!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

We definitely need a new groundhog! LOL!
    Dee

I was thinking of you when I heard about the snow squalls that St. L got and I knew you'd said it was a coming down! Glad you got to stay home today.

Kathy

8. Re: Snow Day

Was a good day, we took the kids to lunch, stopped at his mom's house but her satellite was fine (snow melted off it). Then Scott packed up & set off for Springfield. Nick & I played video games all afternoon (I promised him we'd do that as we used to do when I was a SAHM), Now, I don't want to go back to work tomorrow.......

+ Reply to Thread