+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MIX 10 Torn Circles

1. MIX 10 Torn Circles

This week's MIX challenge at SCS is the most fun ever!!!

The challenge is about making flowers from hand torn circles.

YOU really must plan for 1/2 to 1 hour to truly just enjoy playing with some of your supplies! Lots of tearing, scrunching and folding paper. This was so-o much fun!...pure playtime!

MIX10 SCS card gallery

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Re: MIX 10 Torn Circles

cute idea and easy!! thanks for the link!

This is a really cool challenge and I love how she did the coffee filter with the gelatos on her sample.

Kathy

Tells us more about the paper paste

5. Re: MIX 10 Torn Circles

Paste Paper-If you have every tried using texture or dimensional paste with stencils you are already familiar with some of the steps to make paste paper.

There are several different recipes for making paste which is thick enough to hold a dimensional shape that you create. The paste can be colored as desired and is spread like icing across the paper. Pastes have different consistencies and a wide range of time available to work on creating designs before they start to harden. Reading product information is very helpful. Gesso has similarities of holding dimension but some products are too heavy for use on paper.

Once the paper is covered with paste tools are used to create dimension in the paste. For example a fork can be used to draw various line patterns across your paper. Once you have a paper you like let it air dry. I used white paper like a butcher uses to wrap meat/fish but much stiffer paper works too. You can use anything you want to make designs in the paste including foam stamp, brayers wrapped with rubber bands, bubble wrap or a zillion other household items and many commercial tools too.

I love the texture on the paste paper. And I liked the paper for the flowers because it was thin to tear and crumple to create some dimension for the flower.

Like many background techniques these are much more impressive once they are used in a project. But I hope you see some of the texture I was trying to create.black paste paper book.jpgApril 13 006.JPG

Looks like the tools used for faux finishes on walls, but I know they make them in crafting size too.

Kathy

That is awesome Jan. I may have to try something, I, after all have all the supplies.

Loved your card Jan! The flowers look like poppies.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

This sounds like it would be right up Cindi's alley. She is the QUEEN of making paper flowers!
    Tracey

My Photography Blog
    My Craft Blog

BINGO numbers: 47, 8, 72, 98, 65, 28, 92, 35

+ Reply to Thread