Becca had a good time at her future school this weekend. She got to sleep in a dorm, meet her academic (sp?) advisor & meet part of her "welcome week" group. The whole Welcome Week concept is what sold ME on the school. The freshmen show up 5 days early for class & they are grouped w/20-25 kids w/the same interest & major as them. They spend the whole 5 days together so, before classes even start, they have a whole group of new friends!!! When classes start, they have 1 class w/all the same students and, since they have the same major, they have several classes w/several students; someone to sit with & eat lunch with!!!! That makes THIS mom very HAPPY!!!!

She got her schedule for the first semester & is very happy to have honors composition. She wanted to get into the honors classes but her ACT score was 1 point too low. I told her she could take it again but she didnt want to. I'm glad 'cause I DONT want her to take a bunch of HARD classes. She's coming for a teeny tiny school & has NO IDEA what the real world & real word classes are like. Shes a big fish in a small pond; what if she can't keep up in the big pond?!?!? So, 1 class is good!!! She's also got into to fine arts!! ACK!!! What's that about. Scary to me; she'll probably LOVE it!! LOL

So, now we're just killing time until August when she goes 4 hours away from her mom!!! AND, after letting her drive us home, NO WAY does she get to drive herself home ALONE!!! LOL That means Scott will have to take a day off, drive down there to get her, drive her home & then spend a GIANT chunk of sunday taking her back.... She won't come home TOO often then. We'll probably go down there more often since I have family there. Less time on the road!!!