+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What I accomplished at Palooza

What I accomplished at Palooza

I took a quick picture to show y'all how little I got done this year! The Christmas tree card on the far right(can't see it all that well in the pic) took a horrendous amount of time! Plus my stamp was giving me fits, had a spot that kept not stamping despite my best efforts. And there was just a lot of stamping and masking involved in it. Since I have all the paper cut and the sentiments made using Chelsea's stamp and Jennifer's dies I will try and finish the rest of them at a later date. Those 2 cards were all I did Thursday night.

My pressed flower card fronts did not make the pic, I realize since those are on the kitchen table waiting for me to mail them off. That was my first order of business on Thurs.

I made up several cards using bits and pieces of projects I had squirreled away. I tried to break out of my comfort zone a tiny bit so that took each card longer than I'd have hoped. Some of you may be seeing these show up in your mailboxes as Flood cards!

Oh I forgot, I made a beer mug card that I copied from one Mary did. That is put away in another spot for my bil's birthday in May.

The square Christmas card with the penguin was done using the triple stamping technique SCS did recently. I don't know what step I am missing because I had the hardest time figuring out where to put my layers! So those two cards also took a very long time.

I really slept in Sat., didn't sleep well Friday night and then had an upset stomach most of the day and with a little time out for our party, I didn't get as much done as I should have. Was kind of a slacker Saturday!

There is talk of Palooza being in a different location next year and also not in April due to travel commitments some of our members have planned. I was looking up scrapping retreats in MI just for the heck of it this week, came across this place that is really close to where I live(not that being close was important, but the pics are so beautiful!). www.memoriesmanor.com and I think my bff and I are going to go there one weekend. The pics are gorgeous!! I was showing her some of the places I was looking at and joking asked if she was going to get back into stamping and come with me. After seeing this place she told her hubby she wanted to do another getaway with me! So I'll be doing 2 stamping weekends with friends next year, lucky me!

Honestly, I don't think I remember a lot of picture being taken except maybe of others work as reminders of projects we wanted to case! I didn't take a camera and wouldn't know how to download a pic from my little bitty phone.
    Attached Images

Kathy

Re: What I accomplished at Palooza

Oh how funny, I had not looked at their availability before. Clicked to make sure the link worked and for the heck of it clicked on availabilities. They are booked solid through next year mid June! And booked for a lot of the rest of 2014 too! Hmm, I may not be going there after all, but I guess it bodes well that it's a nice place if they are that sold out!
    Last edited by maxiesmom; 04-19-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Kathy

that's a great looking bunch of cards!!

I would say you were very productive...and I would LLLOOOOVVVVEEEEE to stay at the building in the photo--looks fantastic!!!

Great cards!! I love the cards with the punches-more details please!
    Great looking place to a Palooza too but if they are booked guess that will not work out.
    Looks like you accomplished a lot, sorry you were not feeling well, that is ashame with all that stamping to be done with friends.
    Feel better, thanks for sharing your projects!

Thanks for sharing your projects. It looks like you made lots of cards that will be suited to any occasion. I wouldn't care if I made NOTHING, if I ever got to a Shack Palooza. I bet the time with friends was the most fun part of the weekend!
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Great cards!! I love the cards with the punches-more details please!
    Great looking place to a Palooza too but if they are booked guess that will not work out.
    Looks like you accomplished a lot, sorry you were not feeling well, that is ashame with all that stamping to be done with friends.
    Feel better, thanks for sharing your projects!
    The floral ones made with the punches were a card Chelsea had made last year. I cut out a couple fronts using her dies last year and then couldn't get the little line that works as a frame around it, just kept messing up. Basically waited a whole year to try again. Kristi had made the cards and minused the little box but added the flower centers and popped them. It is a SU punch, don't know the name of it, but it is current I know that. You just layer pattern paper on your card base and then punch your flowers out of the coordinating color to layer on top of the print paper.

I wasn't looking at the Manor as a Palooza place, I was just randomly looking at all the places in MI. There are quite a few, I had no idea. It's been so long since I have done one. I told my bff if she wants to go she needs to pick a weekend for next summer, lol!
    And I only had an upset tummy on Saturday, it just prevented me from eating too many of the goodies we had in the room that day. I made up on all the other days, so it's all good!

And Sarah is right, there was more chatting and laughing than any crafting being done. But overall we were a pretty productive group.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    Thanks for sharing your projects. It looks like you made lots of cards that will be suited to any occasion. I wouldn't care if I made NOTHING, if I ever got to a Shack Palooza. I bet the time with friends was the most fun part of the weekend!
    that is the main thing isn't, being with friends that have so much in common! I know they must have a great time. So much inspiration in one room, all that talent, I am sure they had a great time laughing, eating and talking. Moments that memories are built from-

9. Re: What I accomplished at Palooza

Wow you made far more than I would have expected. Looks like you had a ton of fun! Thanks so much for sharing!

I would be pleased with that amount. I am heading out to a weekend crop next weekend so I hope to have something to show as well.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread