+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can someone come organize my room, please?

Can someone come organize my room, please?

My whole answer to being organized was "When I get my own craft room...". Well guess what? LOL! I feel like I'm even less organized than before. What a mess in there! I have 2, yes TWO work benches and still only have a little space to work in and I spend more time looking for stuff than actual crafting. I went in there this morning and turned right around and came back out. Sigh, I really need to get organized!
    Dee

Re: Can someone come organize my room, please?

Oh dear, I keep using that line, too. You mean is won't all stay tidy when the DD leaves home for good and I take over her bedroom? Sigh....... it was my dream!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

My area was neatest when I had half my stuff loaded for Palooza! I had lots of blank spaces then. Now, not so much.

Kathy

I can never stay organized but I certainly could/should downsize. The trouble is we have tooooo much stuff and they KEEP making more!!

We were there last week, didn't you see how clean it was and you went and messed it up again. Oh dear= Nancy

I just spent most of today cleaning that room. I cleared off my work table, then I sprayed it with goo gone. I let that sit a bit and made a path or 2 across the floor. Then I went back to the table and got quite a bit of sticky sutff off the table. Most it I put away..some I threw away...but it is much better. I think one more visit through the room and I'll be done. My son now calls that room "His inheritance". It used to be his room....the least I could do is keep it neat. I was planning this in the back of mind a little bit--you know those borders/trims that are either cut out flowers that are attached in a strip--maybe 6 or so in a pack-heavier than paper, but not quite cardboard...well, whenever I see them on sale or clearance, I grab some. I went to the dollar store (Dollar Tree) and bought 2 plastic vases approx 12" high and I took all out of the pckgs and put them in those up on a shelf. Went through all the notes, samples, half done then didn't like stuff and that cleared the table pretty well. Put all my ink pad refills, stamp i took out and used, glues, tapes etc etc etc back. Good start. You gals inspired me~!~~

I have decided that I am going to spend at least a couple of hours cleaning today. I have a couple projects that I want to work on and that will be my reward in the end.
    Dee

Yeah for Patty! Dee sounds like a plan. Today I want to do some stamping for sure but I will have to clear a small spot for it. No cleaning for me today as just clearing the table could be a day long process-never mind the floor.

9. Re: Can someone come organize my room, please?

Oh Patty, I hear you I too have trouble tossing all my "good scraps" from my projects.

I am working on organizing all my coloring products...what a job! Like Paula I purchased several new products these past few months and now I have to find a home for them.

Hey Nancy-if you come and organize my room I will promise to keep it clean for 1 day

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Oh Patty, I hear you I too have trouble tossing all my "good scraps" from my projects.
    I have found that in crafts, as well as with regular things, time is a great releaser! A cute centerpiece I brought home after a wedding- hmm haven't touched it to make anything new and it's been 2 years? Into the Purple Heart box it went. All that stuff I made using my brass stencils in the Cuttlebug but never turned into a card? Into my recycling bag. Done!

As I am so fond of saying, sometimes you just have to let go. Best piece of advice I ever got.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread