+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any movie oldie favs?

1. Any movie oldie favs?

While I was working I didn't watch much TV or go to movies. So recently when I got access to tons of free movies and old TV shows through Amazon Prime I didn't have a clue of what I had missed and might now enjoy. I generally enjoy dramas with good character development. So if you could give me tips I will appreciate it!

One from me-The Bletchley Circle-this is a current 3 part TV series started 4/21 on PBS, Sunday 9PM. The 4 main actresses worked together in London during WWWII breaking codes used by the German military and producing crucial intelligence that shortened the war. Their success is built on each woman using her unique skills. Post-war they return to return to routine domestic lives and must keep silent about their previous work and the skills they used. This series picks-up as they reunite to break the code of a serial killer attacking innocent women in London.

Re: Any movie oldie favs?

ohhh---that sounds goooood...i''ll have to look into that. My fave all time movie is MY COUSIN VINNIE--have seen it a million times and never get tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    ohhh---that sounds goooood...i''ll have to look into that. My fave all time movie is MY COUSIN VINNIE--have seen it a million times and never get tired of it.
    Love that movie!!!!!!!!
    shelley

I have been spending countless hours watching Netflix. I used to go to movies a lot. In fact, so often, we didn't pay admission, they knew we would spend the $ at the concession. since the theatre itself only made its money on the concession, not the gate, they didn't care. Now I am catching up on all those ones I missed over the years by not going.

I think my favourite two movies are Rainman and I am Sam.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I just watched "The tourist" and "SALT", both spy movies with Angelina Jolie. I enjoyed the twists and turns that kept me thinking, esp in SALT. A mini- series that I have enjoyed lately was "Boardwalk empire" set in 1920's/30's prohibition era. Pretty full on language and violence, but I feel like I learned some history! I borrowed the 3 seasons on DVD and it was addictive.
    Sarah

I forgot about Rainman---another favorite!!! Dustin Hoffman is a TRUE actor!! My family all quote both those movies...whenever the comment fits, then we roar all over again. I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of any right now...I guess I really like to laugh. On Vinnie, my face hurt from laughing!!!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

depends on what you mean by old...i LOVE LOVE LOVE old movies but when I say old I mean movies from the 40's. They are the best!!

I love since my childhood: The Goonies

That was popular here, too Alex....the kids would like it now. I forgot all about that one!!!

+ Reply to Thread