+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yippee skipee it is Saturday....

Re: Yippee skipee it is Saturday....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzypurple853 View Post
    I just made chocolate chip cookies!
    Yummy! Sounds fantastic!

Yes Cindi I am curious too if the bribe worked.

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    haha..I want to know if patty's bribe worked!!
    Well Cindi, as it happened I didn't need to bribe. I just asked him if he would help me...I only needed him to do the 2 baths. He said ok and he did a very good job (maybe cuz I told him the last time he did not so good job). Anyway, after he did that I took him to Friendly's for dinner. Then on the way home I gave him $10 and told him I really appreciated him doing it, (and he really did a great job this time...moved everything out of the way and cleaned very well). He was surprised and told me he wasn't expecting that, but thanked me. He's a really good kid. He's going to be 16 in August and I'm trying to teach him if he's gonna do a job, do it right, and do it well. So this time he did it all, even wiped the molding and edges of everything. I said to him "now that's a job you can be proud of"...he told me it felt good! (I'm waiting to hear $10 isn't enough). Now I would love some of those chocolate chip cookies!!!

AWWW..patty, this is a great story!! kids need those lessons today.. I'll bet that 10.00 means more to him coming from that lesson

I went to a 12 hour crop on Saturday- made a couple of pages of my boy fishing and one about getting his Learner's permit. I also made a card for my FIL's 80th birthday (not finished yet as I want to put a photo on it). Heard that the LSS is for sale and am thinking I won't have anywhere to teach classes after June. SAD! But maybe I'll just have more time to create for me, which would be fabulous!
    Sarah

5. Re: Yippee skipee it is Saturday....

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    So Suzi where are you going? (passports)
    Just to Canada (Niagra Falls) in July. We were going to just get the "card" which allows you to go to Canada & Mexico if you drive but DH decided since Becca's college has a number of travel opportunities that we should probably just get & have the full passport. And, my friend's son had the opportunity for an all expenses paid trip to Singapore 2 weeks ago. The only thing standing in his way was a passport. The university paid for the expidited shipping & he was able to get his in 3 days & was able to go on the trip. Was a lesson to us, BE READY TO TRAVEL!!! LOL But man!!! They are pricey!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread