+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's nearly over...

1. It's nearly over...

Tomorrow night's graduation!!! Finally!!! I hope I'll be ready, both emotionally & for all the stuff I have to do. I've got cookies ordered for her table, I've got the album done (I know I promised pics & I have them but can't load them from my tablet. I never remember to bring the cord downstairs so I can load them FROM the tablet thru the computer....), I found the nearly perfect table cloths for what she had in her mind, I have her Sr Picture framed, she has the books she wants to display.....OH, her sr class pic is matted & framed w/o the glass so she can have the people (all people or just the people in her class?????) sign it. I should have made a list!!! I have grad cards made for all her classmates (ok, it's only 4! LOL) I have her grad card ALMOST done. I have her present but it's not wrapped (decided, after the tablecloth incident that it MUST be wrapped in black w/teal polka dots & gotta find paper. LOL) I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting; just hope they are things that I've DONE. LOL

Oh yeah, then there's the whole MOTHER'S DAY thing the day after. I'll make mother's day cards AFTER grad & before MD....oh wait!!! My parents are staying here & I wont have access to my basement & my craft supplies..... May be time to BUY the cards!!! LOL

Re: It's nearly over...

Suzi, breathe! I think it's ok to buy the cards and to not stress over what Becca's gift is wrapped in! When all is said and done it just won't have mattered. Congrats to her and you and hubby for raising a fine girl. Enjoy.

Kathy

OMG Suzi, I'm tired just reading your post. What will you do when she graduates collage? lol Take a deep breath, relax and just let things happen. You will all have a great time. Congratulations to Becca, the graduate and to the whole family. Just think how awesome it is that she will be away at college near family and not too far from you so you can both visit each other.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

OMG Suzi...phew===I'm tired thinking about all that...I'm impressed. She will be so happy. Congratulations to all!!!!

wow!! what a lot to it!! congrats to Becca

6. Re: It's nearly over...

I'm assuming it's EASIER when they graduate college (PLEASE don't tell me I'm wrong!! At least not for a week or so. LOL) I figure she'll be ALOT more independant when she graduates college & the school won't expect quite so much from me either.

On top of all this, I had to stay LATE at work so I could pick Scott up at the airport (my work is 2 miles from the airport, seemed stupid to leave, drive 1/2 way home only to turn around & come back). So, by the time I picked him up & we ate dinner, it was after 7 when we got home. I sat just for a few minutes w/the plan of working on cards all evening. Fell asleep in the chair (have no idea WHAT happened in the middle of Elementary) and went to bed by 9pm..... Didn't touch a THING. LOL So, now it's 4:30am & TIME TO GET TO WORK. LOL Hope there's some "naptime" built into my day!!!

WOW Suzi that is a lot to accomplish-you must be worn to a frazzle! Enjoy the moments, don't stress about what isn't perfect!! Enjoy each and every moment with Becca you can still, she will only graduate from High School once (thank goodness). Give us details after its all over!!

I remember those days! Looking back now, I must say it was all good, and it all came together just fine. Take a few deep breaths, and you are fine!!!
    Congrats to you and your wonderful daughter!!!

+ Reply to Thread