+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inventory???

Inventory???

Have you made one of your "stuff"? I believe I mentioned this before, but I decided to expand it. I just was in my stamp room aka studio, punching all my punches. My hand and my back are killing me and I made a beautiful mess....and I'm not finished. I want to also make a list of all my flocking, glitter ( big big list there). Don't think I'll be able to do all the bellies...did anyone do this? Did you add it up?? I'm petrified to see a number. Anyone have one to share???

2. Re: Inventory???

I used to have all mine on Page Sage until I got a virus that wiped it out. I have never bothered since, much too big a job to tackle again.

Re: Inventory???

no..but I seriously should!! haha then maybe up teh home owners insurance..lol

That's where I'm going with this.....onto a disc and into the bank box.

If something should wipe out your stamp room and you don't give a detailed inventory to the insurance company you have lost considerable, even pictures help. Take it from someone who lived it-Nancy

Really, Nancy? What happened?

I had everything in storage and it was taken and because I couldn't prove the loss, I got nothing in the end. I shared the storage with a FRIEND who I knew took it, who else. But when I contacted the attorney, he told me by the time I fly back and forth to CA and paid him, and couldn't show a detailed accounting, I was really lost. Insurance said the same thing. The attorney said save the money and start over, they would make all kinds of excuses not to show up in court.. I lost apprx. $10,000 and still remember some of those stamps and want to use them. They don't make them anymore. I had already been in stamping about 10 years at that time. So it still smarts but the attorneys advice was good in the long run. - Nancy

Wow Nancy...I have some from when I began...seems like forever ago..I have them in a box. I'll take a pic and send it to you. If you want any they are yours!

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I had everything in storage and it was taken and because I couldn't prove the loss, I got nothing in the end. I shared the storage with a FRIEND who I knew took it, who else. But when I contacted the attorney, he told me by the time I fly back and forth to CA and paid him, and couldn't show a detailed accounting, I was really lost. Insurance said the same thing. The attorney said save the money and start over, they would make all kinds of excuses not to show up in court.. I lost apprx. $10,000 and still remember some of those stamps and want to use them. They don't make them anymore. I had already been in stamping about 10 years at that time. So it still smarts but the attorneys advice was good in the long run. - Nancy

Nancy, if you can remember any of the specific stamps you lost, you should list them here at the Shack. I'll bet some of us have some stamps lying around that we no longer use... they might be duplicates of what you're missing. I know if I had anything you wanted, I'd send it to you in a heartbeat. Come up with a list. Let's see if we can't help. Isn't that what we're all about? For the record, I still have the first stamp I ever bought @ ACMoore 18 years ago.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

+ Reply to Thread