+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patty - Are you okay?

Patty - Are you okay?

On my news tonight, some parts of MA and CT had a tornado warning. I'm not sure if you were in that part of CT that they were talking about. Hope everything is okay.
    shelley

Re: Patty - Are you okay?

Thank God, Yes we are. I'm on the "Eastern coast" of Ct. That's the side of Ct that is nearest to New York City/Long Island New York. Litchfield County was where the warning was, and that's more the Western Edge, not that Connecticut is very big, but thank goodness it was enough to make a difference. As far as I know, Mass was safe too. Last year, when we went up to West Springfield Mass for the Heirloom Rubber Stamp Convention, That area had been hit by a "small " tornado. Our convention was fine, but the hotel we had our rooms in was completely full with people who had been displaced with the tornado. We heard that one entire wall had been torn off a school dorm so the students went to our hotel (Comfort Inn). Every other room had been given to the crews that had come from other states to assist in the restoration of power and other services. It was very sobering to see so many utility vehicles in one parking lot. Since we had reservations, our rooms were there for us.

Since I mentioned the stamp convention, I want to recommend it to everyone. It's a great convention, usually the first weekend in June. It is held inside a nice, big convention hall with very nice bathrooms, luncheon services and quite a bit in the surrounding area. I usually meet friends from Cape Cod Mass, New Hampshire other areas of Ct, etc. We would LOVE to include you in our group . We make our reservations a month or 2 early and all try to stay in the same place. That allows us to get together more easily to stamp/crop together in the hotel. They always allow us to use the "breakfast room" ...push the tables together and work as late as we wish. It's a lot of fun. If you are interested just let us know. We usually arrive on Friday night, eat together, visit the convention and meet each night. We all set out for home Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread