+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Acetate Sheets

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Question Looking for Acetate Sheets

Does anyone know where I can get some acetate sheets? I've tried Michael's, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby. Even though I've asked at all of those stores (and the answer was always "I'm not sure"), I'm guessing it's such an obscure product, the average clerk might not even know if they had them. Anyhow, I don't want a lot of them... maybe 5-10 sheets. Anyone have any suggestions? Once again, thanks for all your help.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

2. Re: Looking for Acetate Sheets

Oh my, I can tell you have a plan in your head LOL!!! First you need to be sure how you are going to use it. If it will be printed on with the computer you will need overhead transparencies type material-- spendy, so don't buy those unless truly needed.

If you are using it for stamping, clear cards, using with alcohol inks, or embossing in the cuttlebug...I use the blue tablet of thin plastic I bought several years ago from my local Michael's (pictured on the website below). At that time they had it in the aisle with the Printed paper pads. I have not seen it for a couple years but haven't recently seriously looked for it. It certainly could now be located in a different department-perhaps by the shrink plastic which the company also makes. I suggest you print the picture from the website and take with you to ask at the store. The clerks might identify it faster if they can see a picture of the packaging...and if one clear is not familiar with it ask for the manager.

Here is the website with the info and if you provide an phone are code they will tell who sells their product locally. t says both J's and M's should sell it in my area.

If you are other crafty projects you may need a thicker plastic/acrylic. Graphix is the major manufacturer of lots of similiar products including transparencies...their website will explain how many of them are used and the choice of size and quantity they sell...but their website is only for retailers.
    Last edited by Far North; 06-19-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Re: Looking for Acetate Sheets

Once again, Jan, how do I thank you!!! I'll be checking this all out in the next day or two.
    betty dallas

I buy mine in the office supplies store. Depending on what I want it for. The thicker stuff is sold as covers for binding reports etc, the thin acetate they call transparency sheets.
    Sarah

i hit the jackpot and got a full box (looks like it is maybe 10 yrs old by the design on the box) at a garage sale for .50
    I've not done too many things with them, but I have a lot of thing bookmarked to try.

6. Re: Looking for Acetate Sheets

Renee, you hit the jackpot with that one!

My Michael's has another "artsy" dept called "fine art"....it may be over there??? How about Staples???

let us know, Betty, what you buy and where, so we all know the best option

I bought my last batch from my LSS, when I still had one! The office supply ones are not quite as clear as those but do just fine for what I need them for.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I know y'all will get a laugh out of this one. I finally found acetate sheets @ Joann's. They were with the stencils. I guess you can use blank acetate to cut your own stencils. They came in different sizes and I got 4x5. Here's the funny part... now I can't remember what the technique was that I wanted them for and I can't remember where I saw it (I'm still laughing at my ow stupidity). Probably by the time I find the technique again, I won't remember where I put the acetate sheets (Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?)
    betty dallas

+ Reply to Thread