+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is everyone up to?

What is everyone up to?

Pretty quiet here!!
    What is everyone doing? Projects?
    Cardmaking?
    Summer vacation plans?

I have been really busy catching up at work since vacation. 2 weeks is the longest that I have taken at one time in a while. Makes me wonder if it was worth it. We had a wonderful trip, saw some beautiful sites and relaxed a lot especially on the cruise. Everything was taken care of for us. The only thing I had to do was shower, dress etc...We had a balcony so we could just relax on it.

Share your projects, plans etc with us. We need to get this board jazzed up again!!

Re: What is everyone up to?

I am knee deep in report cards this past week. No housework or stamping getting done! This is the last week of school coming up so vacation time is in sight! It seems all the cards I made lately are CASED so I haven't been posting them. Perhaps I will get more creative this summer.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Heather I know you must be looking forward to the end of the school year...rest in site.
    Please share your "Cased" cards-they provide inspiration to me. You always make some really cute cards.
    I have spent the morning re-doing my nesties and other dies I finally broke down and took them out of the original packages and put them in DVD cases (from A Muse) so that they are easy to access and have them out on my table instead of drawer. Perhaps I will use them more often. Also I took a square "31" basket and put my embossing folders in them...out on the table instead of a drawer-idea to use more if I can see them.

That is a good idea. I find I forget about all the wonderful things I have and they never get used.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

5. Re: What is everyone up to?

I had PLANNED on getting inky yesterday but it didn't work out. Errands all morning, an impromptu nap in the afternoon. Then, my mother called & she's coming up today to have my bro look at her computer!!!! I dont think she'll stay more than overnight but you never know. I need to clean off my table 'cause they sleep down in the basement in the family room and I just hate to have all my stuff everywhere. Plus, you never know when she'll leave water/soda/coffee somewhere & either she or the cat will knock it over. LOL

Becca got her wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. She's didn't sleep for the first 3 days & now, she's got pain in the teeth that remain on the left side. REALLY sensitive to cold. She's finally sleeping more now that the dr took her off the narcotic pain pills & she's on plain motrin (800mg!!) but she can't EAT now. Scott will call the surgeon and/or take her in on monday.

We're going on vacation in 2 weeks, kids have LOTS of studying to do, month end this week so that means working late Thur & Fri and SUPPOSEDLY, we're getting a new computer system on 7/1... I'll believe it when i see it!!! LOL
    Last edited by suzi_f; 06-23-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Stupid touch pad!!!!

6. Re: What is everyone up to?

No stamping here. In fact, I haven't stamped since April at Palooza. I'm going to take a complete break from stamping and see what happens.

This crazy part-time job has been like 60 hours this week so who has the energy to stamp after that? Not me!

I also made the decision to quit A Muse Studio. It just doesn't excite me like it used to.

Not doing much of anything but working. Hopefully it will calm down soon. All the Walmarts are doing their laptop resets and their gift card resets this week and next. Which means for laptops, it takes about 8-10 hours PER STORE to take down the old laptops, put out the new ones, hook them all up, put the new signage up, and add a windows 8 demo to each one. As for the gift cards, those take 14-16 HOURS per store and that is a HUGE deal!! I've got 2 stores down and 1 more to go ... The other thing is .... they have to be done in the early mornings. The less people there, the better. And I refuse to work all night long. I usually go in around 6 am and work till noon then get up and do it the next day too, till its done.
    The Shackretary

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_f View Post
    I had PLANNED on getting inky yesterday but it didn't work out. Errands all morning, an impromptu nap in the afternoon. Then, my mother called & she's coming up today to have my bro look at her computer!!!! I dont think she'll stay more than overnight but you never know. I need to clean off my table 'cause they sleep down in the basement in the family room and I just hate to have all my stuff everywhere. Plus, you never know when she'll leave water/soda/coffee somewhere & either she or the cat will knock it over. LOL

Becca got her wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. She's didn't sleep for the first 3 days & now, she's got pain in the teeth that remain on the left side. REALLY sensitive to cold. She's finally sleeping more now that the dr took her off the narcotic pain pills & she's on plain motrin (800mg!!) but she can't EAT now. Scott will call the surgeon and/or take her in on monday.

We're going on vacation in 2 weeks, kids have LOTS of studying to do, month end this week so that means working late Thur & Fri and SUPPOSEDLY, we're getting a new computer system on 7/1... I'll believe it when i see it!!! LOL
    So sorry Becca is having a hard time with her teeth. No dry socket when she saw the dentist? That makes for a painful healing period. Hope she is back to normal soon!!

I had to clean my stamping table off, I could not stand it anymore. So I accomplished that last night and this am after I finished my ATC's for Christie wings. Gotta get'em in mail first thing in the am so they won't be late.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    No stamping here. In fact, I haven't stamped since April at Palooza. I'm going to take a complete break from stamping and see what happens.

This crazy part-time job has been like 60 hours this week so who has the energy to stamp after that? Not me!

I also made the decision to quit A Muse Studio. It just doesn't excite me like it used to.

Not doing much of anything but working. Hopefully it will calm down soon. All the Walmarts are doing their laptop resets and their gift card resets this week and next. Which means for laptops, it takes about 8-10 hours PER STORE to take down the old laptops, put out the new ones, hook them all up, put the new signage up, and add a windows 8 demo to each one. As for the gift cards, those take 14-16 HOURS per store and that is a HUGE deal!! I've got 2 stores down and 1 more to go ... The other thing is .... they have to be done in the early mornings. The less people there, the better. And I refuse to work all night long. I usually go in around 6 am and work till noon then get up and do it the next day too, till its done.
    Oh I don't blame you for not working all night. I prefer early am, then home early. I know what you mean about the long hours. We are getting ready for a 2 day marathon of FREE Dental work for patients around and in WNC. It takes a day to set up the Ramsey Center at WCU and then it means getting there in the mid of the night to register people etc... We will see 300-500 people in two days.

Sorry you are not enjoying A Muse, this quarter has been hard for me to find enough to meet the mini. I will try one more qtr as I am my only customer. I should try to find some but not sure exactly how to do that.
    I hope you don't give up stamping all together, but a few months back I had a hard time making anything. now its all better. Maybe when work slows down for you -you will get your mojo back.

bumming up for others to add what is happening-

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post

Wow Sherri...I didn'tknow you were working for Wallmart??? or is it the computer company???

+ Reply to Thread