+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do y'all "mend"??

1. Re: Do y'all "mend"??

I just loved Kathy post. I thought I was the only one that cannot get to grips with a sewing machine. I wonder if there is a name for people who don't do any sort of sewing machine, maybe like sewingmachinephobia LOL
    I do sew on the odd button, and occasionally hand sew a split seam, but mending is not for me. I still remember my grandma darning woollen socks with a wooden mushroom. Anyone as old as me that remembers them?

Re: Do y'all "mend"??

I am ashamed to say that I don't. Most of the time it is something like a button on hubbys shirt but its usually so worn out I don't bother.

I used to sew quite a bit. When the kids were small I made all their clothes...and my own. Not so much any more. I think fabric used to be less $$$ too. I could sew to mend, but I don't do much of that....and besides the kids have moved out now...now I just sew for enjoyment...quilting or other crafts. That doesn't mean I don't still buy fabric...You never know when you need a pretty piece...seems to be one of the things I collect...fetish???

4. Re: Do y'all "mend"??

If it needs sewing, i take it to a seamstress. Never learned how
    The Shackretary

Since I quilt my machine is always out and I fix things. Use to sew a lot of clothes years ago, now it is mostly straight seams- Nancy

+ Reply to Thread