+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tickets bought for Atlanta!

Re: Tickets bought for Atlanta!

Enjoy your trip!
    shelley

Georgia's FABULOUS...it'll be HOT in the summertime...hope you find some great crafty shops Heather!
    ~Deborah

Heather, my son goes to college at Georgia Tech in Atlanta and he said to be sure to visit the Atlanta Aquarium. It's a little expensive but well worth it. He didn't like The World of Coke which is right across from the aquarium. If you're a history buff, visiting the home of Margaret Mitchell, author of "Gone with the Wind" is a must. This was where she wrote the book, and the apartment that she and her husband lived in is in tact and exactly as it was long ago. If it's food you're after you must visit The Varsity. I copied this right from their website . . . Welcome to The Varsity! The World's Largest Drive-in Restaurant. We have been serving customers here in Atlanta since 1928. People from all over the world come to experience The Varsity because there is nothing like it anywhere! We invite you to explore, learn about our history and reminisce. This is a fast-food restaurant that serves your typical hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries, etc. but when in Atlanta it's a must visit. Heather, this is right on the Georgia Tech campus and right from The Varsity you can see the huge torch from the 1996 summer Olympics. Corey, my son also wants me to tell you to ABSOLUTELY NOT go to the underground Atlanta because it's very dangerous. If a 23 year old won't go there you know you don't want to either. I have been to the places I told you about and had a great time. I'll be going back again in December when he graduates. I hope you have a wonderful time; and if you have any other questions, just ask me. He'll be back at school in 2 weeks.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Thanks, Joanne. I have been reading a lot on the sights to see and read a lot about the aggressive panhandlers and crime around the downtown. It does make me a little hesitant about walking the few blocks to the nearby attractions as I had planned. I had heard to avoid the Underground so good to know that is confirmed. We are staying at the Westin Peachtree, where the conference is bring held and the aquarium and World of Coke are not far but if I have to avoid folks blocking my way it will be cabs all the way. I think Mom will enjoy the pool and room for the time I am in conference.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread