+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kitchen almost painted!

Kitchen almost painted!

I am taking the plunge and painting my kitchen a rather bold colour. Well, at least one wall anyway. The accent wall is a "chili" colour and the walls with the windows, doors and cabinets are "lime twist". This is a big change from pale yellow. I have all the lime done but man, what a lot of taping!!!! went through an entire roll of tape. I need to prime the red wall first with a grey primer so will start back at it tomorrow morning. It is the easiest of all the walls, thankfully. What was I thinking when I tackled a room with 12 ft cathedral ceilings and walls!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Re: Kitchen almost painted!

Heather...you've piqued my interest. I have 12' ceilings in my foyer and living room. Unfortunately it includes a staircase and I had to have a painter come to paint it. How did you manage the height???

Colors sound great! I hope you will share a pic of your work when you are finished. like Patty said I am intrigued about managing the height-long paint sticks?

Sounds cool. Hope I remember to look for a picture when we get home.

Kathy

so glad to hear you are priming the red wall with grey..it is THE way to get the red you want. we want to see pics when you are done!! and I must admit I hate the taping..don't mind painting. \but I find the prep very tedious

Those colors sound beautiful and how cool that you are doing it yourself!
    Dee

I had to get Fred to cut in the white at the very top with the brush. He was on the ladder. Then I put the roller on the broom handle. What genius made the threads the same, knowing it would serve dual purpose? Ready to tackle the small wall now! I will snap some pictures once I get the curtains finished.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread