+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Off to Winston Salem to stamp scrap art

1. Re: Off to Winston Salem to stamp scrap art

Paper Nest is a cute name -- I look forward to seeing her stamps

Re: Off to Winston Salem to stamp scrap art

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    It was a small show, only 18 vendors. Lots of dies, dies, dies. Found a new stamp company and met the artist- The Paper Nest. She draws all of her stamps in pencil, then colors with copics and produces rubber. They are really cute. I bought 2 Halloween, one Thanksgiving.
    Also Darcie's was there-cute cute stuff- has now pinless tins to use with the stamped images. Also has CD's that you can print on Shrink plastic that is heated with a heat gun. I will let you know if that works for me.
    Bought some dies.
    It rained to beat the band. We stayed over in Winston, came home today. It was nice to have a day of rest. Impression Obessions-didn't see much new there. Had fun, spent quite a few dollars and didn't really get a lot. Found momento ink pads for 5.00.
    Missed seeing all the Shackies that came last time I was there...Lesa, Joanie, Sherry, Michelle, Angie, Chelsea, Ellie, Patty,Mary and maybe someone I left out.
    I gotta go look on line to see what you mentioned. Sounds interesting..pinless tins?? sounds good

3. Re: Off to Winston Salem to stamp scrap art

Only 18 vendors? WOW. That's a shame. I'm into dies now myself .
    The Shackretary

[QUOTE=Patty;418717]I gotta go look on line to see what you mentioned. Sounds interesting..pinless tins?? sounds good[/QUOTE

They are cute, you can stamp your image, color it and then put the pinless tin in for the face-it is all shiny etc... Also you can print from the cd's on plastic shrink it and put the tin on it.
    They are 3.99 for four-so 1.00 each. I loved the Halloween ones especially.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    I like dies too-seems to be the trend right now with stamping. Sure is eaiser than fussy cutting all those images.

6. Re: Off to Winston Salem to stamp scrap art

Its MUCH easier to use the dies versus cutting. Love them!
    The Shackretary

Quote Originally Posted by iloveflipflops View Post
    me too!! totally addicted to dies right now..and Cheery lynn are some of my faves

Looking forward to seeing what you make with the shrink plastic. I have been tempted to get the disc myself but didn't know what I'd do with it. Could probably make some cute stuff for you fall sales.

Kathy

I have made some embellishments with stamps, but it shrinks up so you gotta start with bigger stamps. Also printed some of the Darcies Images and made some pins for Halloween-witch, bats etc...

Cute, and did the image transfer well? That was the problem I always had using shrink plastic. Finding a large enough image to begin with that shrank up to the right size but you could still see enough of the detail. Although we made earrings so that was tricky too, they had to be pretty small in the end. And then colored lightly enough so that it wasn't too dark also.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread