+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I the only one with this issue???

Am I the only one with this issue???

Please don't misunderstand me....I love my grandchildren like crazy...BUT sometimes I could scream. I'm pretty easy going when they are here. They can use my computer, tablet, etc. As long as they don't harm them or download things I wouldn't ever want, and they're very good about it. BUT, I'm no where near as techie as they are. My youngest dgs just left. He was on my laptop watching a movie about the moon. I go to use it, and I had a devil of a time getting rid of the movie and getting my familiar regular screen back. I have asked that b4 they leave they put me back where I was...I'm gonna rip my hair out!!!

Re: Am I the only one with this issue???

no problem here-don't have children or grands.

One time in a store, my grandson put all kinds of pictures and cartoons on all the TV's while we were buying stuff. The funny part was, they asked him how he did that and he showed them. Where they get their smarts I don't know, but I love seeing it.- Nancy

Ha! At my house they only use Grampa's computer. He has Windows and I don't so they like his better.
    Dee

Well, I don't know, maybe I'm getting old, yesterday the 15yo was in my car...he put the back of his front seat all the way back and down. When I brought him home, the seat stayed that way. Maybe I'm too picky...Don't get me wrong, I adore them and their parents say I spoil them, but geesh, I wish my mind emptied out that easily and I didn't have all these "should do" things to think about!!

oohh, that would annoy me to no end. I am lucky i am the only one here that uses my computer, as Gary has his own.

I just wrote some advice to you and forget to hit post reply, do others do this???

Anyway-- I believe you should live everyday of your life as if it were the last, which is why I don't have a clean house, come on, who wants to dust and vacuum
    on the last day of their life?

As for me I am still doing O K, Outside of the tingling in my hands and feet and the horrendous tiredness, I am still making it. In 6 weeks I'll go off Chemo that is 6 months and will go on pills and once a month Herceptin at the clinic, this should keep the cancer in check and hopefully have it go away. The Dr. doesn't like having a person taking chemo more than 6 months. I do at this point have good red blood cells, but am anemic. Told me to take Vitamin pills with iron in them and not the adult ones because they take the iron out. You would think that at that age you still need it. The scans have shown that the nodules are getting smaller, thank goodness, but some of the people there are really sick and you just don't know if their cancer will ever go away. Then my hair should come back, Oh--wonder what color or if it will be straight or curly, such worries!!! Once again thank you for all your good thoughts and cards, they really have meant a lot and are doing a good job of me keeping my head on straight. -- Nancy

Oh Nancy, I'm so happy to hear you are doing ok. You sort of put things in perspective for me. You are right about appreciating each day. I just want them to know what's right and what's wrong when they are too big for me to be with them. You are in my prayers to be a bit better each day...it could definitely happen!!!

+ Reply to Thread