+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

so sorry about your mom.

{click above for my craft blog!}

Hi, Teresa..I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. A mom is a very difficult relative to lose. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Try to give it time. So glad your are back...you have been missed.

3. Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words. It is very difficult but I know we will all get through it.
    Teresa

4. Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Paula,

We tore down our summer cottage (it was all repurposed except the roof shingles and insulation)! We are on Lake Bomoseen, Vermont, just over the VT/NY border. We have 150 ft of lake front and we do a lot of boating, kayaking, swimming, etc. Our house is on a dead end dirt road. The road is maintained in the winter as about half the residence are year around. We have a little over two acres behind us that borders a no longer working slate quarry. (Our area is the slate capital of the world). There is a lot of history here. Our youngest son, Drew, and his family are staying with us until October 7th, as they are building a new home. Once they move I will have a very large room for my craft area. We will miss them (especially our grandson) but at the same time we are anxious to furnish and decorate our new home once they are moved.

We finally put up our mailbox and will soon be turning in our NY drivers licenses and vehicle plates for VT ones. I've looked forward to this for 20 years and I can't believe it's finally happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Carden View Post
    Teresa so sorry for your loss. I know how sad it is to have to let go of someone so special. You are in my thoughts.

So tell us more about your fabulous new home...water front? Crafting space?
    Teresa

Teresa, So sorry to hear about your Mom.
    Dee

6. Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Sorry to hear about your Mom and the horrible time you've had during her illness and passing. Although I know it's a lot of work, I hope you find peace in the new home that your looked forward to for such a long time. Big hugs to you!
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

Teresa, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. One would think that in this day of advanced medical breakthroughs and technology, a tick bite would not go un-noticed or be dismissed so easily. Sending prayers and healing thoughts to you and your family. When you get settled and have a break, be sure to change your address in your profile (if you already haven't done so). Many of us want to stay in touch with you.
    Hugs dear friend!
    Amy

8. Re: Hello Dear Shack Sisters ...

Thanks for the messages and the reminder to change my address in my profile. I just changed it.
    Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by tesschap View Post
    Paula,

We tore down our summer cottage (it was all repurposed except the roof shingles and insulation)! We are on Lake Bomoseen, Vermont, just over the VT/NY border. We have 150 ft of lake front and we do a lot of boating, kayaking, swimming, etc. Our house is on a dead end dirt road. The road is maintained in the winter as about half the residence are year around. We have a little over two acres behind us that borders a no longer working slate quarry. (Our area is the slate capital of the world). There is a lot of history here. Our youngest son, Drew, and his family are staying with us until October 7th, as they are building a new home. Once they move I will have a very large room for my craft area. We will miss them (especially our grandson) but at the same time we are anxious to furnish and decorate our new home once they are moved.

We finally put up our mailbox and will soon be turning in our NY drivers licenses and vehicle plates for VT ones. I've looked forward to this for 20 years and I can't believe it's finally happening!
    Oh Teresa it sounds so perfect, a dream home for sure!! You will miss your grandson but I am sure the distraction has been great with the loss of your dear mom.
    Can't wait to hear more about your beautiful home and crafting space! Visit us more often.

+ Reply to Thread