+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Happy Newspaper Article about my Mom

1. A Happy Newspaper Article about my Mom

After reading my Mom's obituary a local newspaper contacted our funeral director to see if we would be interested in speaking to her regarding my Mom. This reporter writes an Epitaph column about locals who have recently passed away when something in their obituary sparks some interest. As it turned out the reporter is a woman I worked with over 30 years ago. She was interested in the fact that my Mom went to Clown School and that was the focus of the article. It appeared in yesterday's paper. The 'paper' version has a nice picture of my Mom and step-dad both 'In Clown' but I can't get the picture to appear in the online version. http://poststar.com/news/local/epita...9bb2963f4.html

Not sure if I ever mentioned to my Shack friends that I have a degree in Clownology! It runs in our family

I also was interviewed last week by a local weekly paper who is doing an article on my Mom and Anaplasmosis. Not sure when it will appear yet.
    Teresa

Re: A Happy Newspaper Article about my Mom

what a great article!! and I didn't know you clowned around..lol

Wow Teresa---what a wonderful article....I'm sorry I never met her. She sounds wonderful!!

That is very cool about being a clown. I used to work with a lovely older gentleman years ago who was also a clown and one of our friends nearby is one currently. I am sure you get so much satisfaction and joy out of it.

Kathy

5. Re: A Happy Newspaper Article about my Mom

Thanks everyone!

Yes, Cindi, I clown around

I graduated from clown school in 1989 ... Tessabelle The Clown! Back then I owned a balloon decorating business with an acquaintance who was a full time Clown. She was extremely successful and because of her I did lots of parades, parties, etc. It took up so much time as it was mainly weekends. I had my full time job and our boys were young. I finally gave it up except for volunteering for some Girl Scout workshops. I enjoy teaching them the various types of clowns and working with them on their make up and creating skits, etc. At the end of four weeks (we met on Saturday mornings) they would do a local parade and then a skit for the local nursing home. Once we get settled in our house I may find a group to volunteer with again. It's a lot of fun.

Patti - I am sorry you never got to meet my Mom. She enjoyed hearing about my Shack friends and seeing all of the card swaps, etc. When she had her brain surgery six years ago many of you sent her get well cards and she was so touched by everyone's kindness.

Kathy - I did get a lot of satisfaction. I enjoyed everyone's reaction. Lots of smiles and lots of fun!
    Teresa

+ Reply to Thread