+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how is your summer reading going?

how is your summer reading going?

I am obsessed with Harlan Coben at the moment, and thankful he has written so many books, I'm not likely to run out any time soon.
    What are you all reading?
    Sarah

Re: how is your summer reading going?

He is on my list to get to someday. When the book I was on in the Marcia Muller Sharon McCone series wasn't available at the library, I started on the Eve Dallas series by J.D. Robb(Nora Roberts). I think I'm on book 4 or 5 now and I think she's currently up to 35! Fairly easy reads, she is a female homicide detective in NY City in 2058 when the series starts.

Kathy

I am not sure I will make our challenge goal but I have been plugging along with fluffy reads by Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallory and Janet Evanovich, with the odd text book thrown in there for good measure!! I am working on White Oleander now. A little deeper, for sure.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Yes I'm into 'fluffy' too Heather - namely The Best of Me, by Nicholas Sparks. Good light beach reading!

fluffy for me too..I have been carrying my book with me..but our warm season is so short..I just cannot stay in or sit still for long

Cindi, I have been combining the two! I read when we are anchored out on the boat.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I'll be reading at the beach today, but the library didn't have the next book in any of my series which happen to be paperback or older books. I got a brand spanking new release from Karin Slaughter the other day but hate to take that down with me. Wouldn't be fun to have to replace that one. I did find an older book from yet a different series, maybe I'll juggle the two and read the one at the beach and the other while at the cottage! I hate this!

I also saw one of my favorite authors, Louise Penny favorably compared to Dorothy Sayers who I have heard of but never read. Well, heck the poor woman died in 1957 I think! and her Lord Peter Wimsey books are still popular so some day I will give those a go. Light mystery set back in the world war years.

Kathy

I am currently not reading anything. I am into a very bad habit right now. Once I start checking the shack, email etc, then I either play games here, or go to my tablet and play games there. Maybe while dgs is here for this long weekend, he will use my toys and I will read.

+ Reply to Thread