+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Our patient is doing well

Our patient is doing well

Liam came through his wisdom teeth operation okay. He was loopy as all get out as the anesthetic was wearing off. (He has a general) He is having a hard time breathing through his nose and not his mouth, as he wants to keep his mouth open but that is drying out his throat. Today is a cold soft / liquid day but he isn't one to eat pudding or yogurt. That has been a task. Yogurt drinks (without a straw) have been the mainstay. He did get a few mouthfuls of really soggy cheerios down. He needed something in his stomach first to be able to take the Motrin. Hopefully that was enough.

Kathy was a dear and sent such helpful tips. So far so good on the swelling. The ice is working!!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Re: Our patient is doing well

Good to hear he's on the mend. Not being able to eat properly must be so hard for a teenage boy!
    Sarah

Glad he is doing OK. Hard to see the young ones going through stuff like that.
    Dee

Having wisdom teeth extracted is always a monumental thing for kids and parents. I remember when my two went through it. Hate so see them in such pain afterward but also funny to watch them while they are coming out of the anesthesia!
    Amy

I don't know what they were thinking telling him he could only have cold, soft things afterward. We routinely tell parents that pasta, macaroni & cheese, soup, mashed potatoes, eggs are all perfectly fine. Hope he is doing even better now several days later.

Make sure he uses the moist heat until the soreness is completely gone.

Kathy

He is still puffy but no longer sore. He seems afraid to try food, though. That has been today's dilemma. He is waiting for his KFC popcorn chicken!

Kathy, she wouldn't give me a syringe either. Said not to disturb the blood clots in the holes. Hope that is right. (These are OR day surgery nurses, not specialized dental surgery ones. Tomorrow they are looking after colonoscopy patients.)
    HeatherJ

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Sheesh, well you don't do it till later the following day! Duh! I hope he doesn't get a bunch of food stuck down in there. I'd have gone nuts without my irrigating syringe, I used it for about 6 weeks. I must have had craters in there. I'd send you one, but by the time it got to you in Canada he won't need it.

Kathy

God bless your patient...I know how much eating means to teen boys...so he MUST be feeling awful...I hope each day a little better...hugs and prayers

9. Re: Our patient is doing well

I hope he is doing much better today and back to 100 % soon.
    Teresa

Alphaghetti today, so the moons are back in alignment! ;-)
    HeatherJ

+ Reply to Thread