+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: has your card making style changed?

has your card making style changed?

I'm still using ink on every card, but I have been making cards with a lot less stamping the past few months, sometimes just a stamped sentiment and lots of patterned paper/embellishments. It seems to be what my customers at the LSS classes want. However, in September I am "going back to my roots" and teaching totally with stamps and ink, no patterned papers at all.
    Have you see a change in the trends of card making where you are? Do you still stick to mostly stamps and cardstock?
    Sarah

2. Re: has your card making style changed?

I was hoping that the change to cards which are super fast to create was a summertime trend...but I guess not if you are seeing it too Sarah. I know I am seeing in the galleries lots of the newest journaling and graphic stamps. I am saddens me because I don't find that the graphic cards (ones filled with only things like arrow, stars, diamond patterns) convey to me the warmth that all the coloring of stamped images and the techniques do. I hope it is a trend we move through very quickly.

Yes, I still am mainly working with stamps, white cardstock and techniques. I have broaden from most inks to including paints and other coloring medium in my work.

Re: has your card making style changed?

I usually use ink and stamps. I tend to use florals or cutesie children or animals.
    I have very few opportunities to take classes that teach new techniques.
    I am fine with my "same old thing!" It's the thought that counts, right!!! LOL
    joanie

I guess I am a moody type. Sometimes I only want to work on canvas and sometimes my cards are CAS or sometimes somewhere in between all of that. I don't really have just one style that fits me. I love my stamps and ink but I also love my layered up canvas and lately have been playing with chunky ATC's too (Base is chunk of 2x4). Fun topic!
    Dee

I am finding that I am getting away from the layers of cardstock and trying more simple layouts. I'm really into quick and easy cards at the moment and I find that I am able to use up left over paper scraps. I have also been trying different inking techniques more as well as more heat embossing and dry embossing (folders) to add more interest to my cards.
    Amy

For me, it totally depends on my mood. If I feel like using patterened paper , the I will use it. If I feel like stamping I will, otherwise, I will look thru my stamped images to see what to use. If anything did change, it might be different stamps or different papers that I would purchase now, as opposed to what I have purchased in the past.
    shelley

I swing like a pendulum. I have so much in terms of "stuff", as we all do, that I feel I need to use it. I love the vintage, lots of 3D flowers, die cuts, etc but I am not good at the those layouts. If I had a style, I wish it was that! But I tend to look at layouts I see online and get inspired by those. I have really enjoyed the CAS (Clean and simple) card challenge galleries at SCS. A really nice pop of colour with some ink, an image and a sentiment.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I have become a lazy colorer latley. so i have been using more die cuts and solid type stamps. this is a fun thread

Ha! I stink at coloring so always avoid that!
    Dee

I actually enjoy colouring. In fact, I tend to have a few coloured images that have no home yet! I haven't ventured into the Copic territory - I still have so many watercolour crayons and Tombos that need to be used first.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

+ Reply to Thread