+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: has your card making style changed?

Re: has your card making style changed?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    I actually enjoy colouring. In fact, I tend to have a few coloured images that have no home yet! I haven't ventured into the Copic territory - I still have so many watercolour crayons and Tombos that need to be used first.
    I don't mind coloring, but with me needing new glasses, bifocals, I tend to be very close to the paper so it isn't at all comfortable. I like using a layer of printed paper and do so on occasion, but more often than not it's just solid colors that I layer with.

Kathy

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Wow, what an interesting topic. I just spent the entire day in my craft room using up "old" stuff. I had cardstock with new techniques that I had tried but never took it to the next step...today I did. And I had soooo much fun. I probably finished 15 or so cards. Has my style changed? Oh, my, YES! I've kept photocopies of every card I've ever made and it's really interesting (and a little scary) to look back. I hate coloring but will do it when I absolutely have to. I love creating art and that's what this is really all about. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found The Shack because I get such inspiration here (in fact I "cased" a couple of cards here today). Thank you all for being my "craft family." The inspiration here is AMAZING!
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

Betty, that sounds like a great way to spend the day! I used to scan all my cards and save the pictures on the pc. Now it seems I take a picture with my phone and email them to myself. I can adjust the size of the sent photo to a small one so when it arrives on the computer, it is small enough for the Shack gallery!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Betty, that sounds like a great way to spend the day! I used to scan all my cards and save the pictures on the pc. Now it seems I take a picture with my phone and email them to myself. I can adjust the size of the sent photo to a small one so when it arrives on the computer, it is small enough for the Shack gallery!
    Heather that is a great idea- I never thought of that. I take pics with the camera but don't usually get them uploaded to the Shack because they have to be resized and sometimes I cannot get it to work properly. I never thought about the phone and email it to myself.

Heather, I tried that with my phone too. Unfortunately, I have an iPhone 4S and I've discovered that one of its flaws is that sometimes the pictures end up being upside down. I've just ordered a new camera and I'm hoping I can quickly learn how to get my pictures up in the Shack Gallery right away... I have so many things to share. But I certainly love seeing everyone else's work and hope to be joining in soon.
    betty dallas

Quote Originally Posted by dancing queen View Post
    Heather, I tried that with my phone too. Unfortunately, I have an iPhone 4S and I've discovered that one of its flaws is that sometimes the pictures end up being upside down. I've just ordered a new camera and I'm hoping I can quickly learn how to get my pictures up in the Shack Gallery right away... I have so many things to share. But I certainly love seeing everyone else's work and hope to be joining in soon.
    Betty, did you know that you have the option to rotate the thumbnail of your photo after it is uploaded to the gallery. This is what you can do if it is upside down/sideways. Just shoot me a message if this happens to you and you can't fix it.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    Betty, did you know that you have the option to rotate the thumbnail of your photo after it is uploaded to the gallery. This is what you can do if it is upside down/sideways. Just shoot me a message if this happens to you and you can't fix it.
    Thanks Sarah. I didn't know that. I'll have to give it a try. I've made some really neat cards lately and I'd love to share.
    betty dallas

8. Re: has your card making style changed?

I actually BOUGHT STORE BOUGHT CARDS for the first time in 15 years! Still no creative juices flowing here.
    The Shackretary

+ Reply to Thread