+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't it bug you when...

Doesn't it bug you when...

I got ambitious last night, made up a bunch of polished stone backgrounds to use for Nancy's autumn leaves swap. Got out my stamp, inked it up with my Staz On pad, stamped... hmmm, not the best image I've ever stamped. Tried again, making extra sure that I covered the image completely, dang it all, my pad needs reinking! Do I own a black Staz On reinker? I do not. Did Archivers have one when I went today? They did NOT! Now to try Mike's or Joann but I am thinking if Archivers did not have it, my chances there are slim to none.

Joann has it on sale on their website, but I would be paying more in shipping than the cost of the ink! If only I needed stuff from Amazon I could add it on to that order, bummer.

BTW, this would not violate my Freeze group pledge since I have gift cards for all 3 places. Now I have to try and achieve the same effect without the glossy paper. wish me luck.

Kathy

Re: Doesn't it bug you when...

I find my Stazon always needs to get juiced up. That is annoying. If Walmart doesn't carry it, my nearest is an hour away so I would have to make do and go back to the drawing board, too.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

It is always very frustrating to get all set and then not have on hand what you need. My theory for buying so much stuff. Happens to me all the time!

4. Re: Doesn't it bug you when...

Bummrr! Wish I would have known...you could have stopped by and used mine. We so need to get together!!! Maybe a Sunday in the near future? Mike could take Anthony to watch football elsewhere and us girls could get our craft on. Kimmy, any chance it could work out with Kevin too?? Wishful thinking on my part ;-)
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

Brainstorm!! In my set of gelatos were just the right colors, took me a couple sheets of paper to get the right technique. Luckily I have watercolor paper, that took the extra water better than the regular cardstock(well I knew it would but wanted to try it anyway.) I like how the finished sheets look and hopefully tomorrow I can stamp on them after they've dried.

Now I can wait until I need something from Amazon and add it to my order if I can't find the refill around here anywhere. At least it won't hold up my finishing the swap.

Kathy

Kathy, do you have archival inks? They will stamp nicely on your glossy card.
    Sarah

whew..glad you got that figured out!! and yes, staze on does sem to dry quicker than other inks..must be teh alcohol base?

OMG--I'm tired just reading all that!!! I better take a nap! Wish we all lived closer!!!

I do have a black Archival ink, I will give it a try although that pad is pretty old too!

Kathy

Archival is what Tim Holtz taught us to use to stamp on our polished stone backgrounds. I hope yours is nice and juicy
    Sarah

+ Reply to Thread