+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does this need?

What does this need?

I wanted to add some ribbon or fiber, but I have no fiber that works and my only ribbon that would work is orange and I think that would be too much. Orange wasn't my first base choice, but somehow green seemed wrong with the changed leaves. This seems awfully plain as is. I only have it lightly tacked down for now, that's why it isn't flush to the base. Had a heck of a time getting my scanner to cooperate, guessing operator error!, had to resort to taking a pic of it.

thanks for your help and opinions.
    Attached Images

Kathy

Re: What does this need?

I like it without fiber, but the orange ribbon would work. You could perhaps put 4 black brads in corners or add a small sentiment in the bottom corner if you don't want orange. ribbon.

Is this dauber technique or alcohol-I like a lot just as is.

I have problems using the scanner on this printer we got last year. Operator error is always my problem!

Put it in an envelope and mail it.-Nancy

I say ink the edges of the stamped layer. Is it an ATC? You could layer a small sentiment in the bottom left hand corner, that way you would have a triangle of interest going on. (the lines of the leaves diagonal left to right, the yellow in the bottom right corner, then the sentiment bottom left corner.)- sorry, my art/design theory brain kicked in!
    Sarah

I think adding some gold would bring out the background colors. Maybe add an inked gold border with a highlight pen. Or spray lightly with a mixture of gold perfect pearl and water. Love that stamp!

I would love to be able to give you just the right advice, but art is not my strong suit. I always love glitter...and I like the idea of brads...how about a "bug" brad somewhere on a leaf? or a brownish smudge? I think leaves get like that after they have turned, no? I love it just as it is...can't wait to see it when you finish, you will show it again, won't you???

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

maybe some sort of fuzzy fiber or some stickles. you could also just add a sentiment to it or some brads/rhinestones in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    ROFL, you kill me, Nancy! While I do like the idea of a sentiment or some such foofala, I am loathe to cover up the image. I just love those leaves. It is a card, Sarah. The stamp is rather large, almost completely card front size. I do like the gold pen idea around the edge, it would sort of mask that the borders are slightly uneven.
    Paula, this specific one is regular cardstock and gelatos. I dampened the paper and put on gloves and smeared them around the paper. Also tried that with watercolor paper and then my original effort with glossy paper and reinkers. Needless to say, I have lots of these to use now. I am busting out in images pretty similar to what you see here!

Christie, I have no fiber that will match it and if you saw my post from yesterday I am wondering what to do with all of them that I own and never use.

Kathy

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    DITTO! I have a quote hanging in my craft room... LESS IS BEST. Or the ever popular KISS theory "Keep It Simple Stupid" (no offense)
    I think it's beautiful just the way it is.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

Maybe we should all take ALL the stuff we couldn't wait to buy and never used and put it all together. Then we could open a craft store or have a sale and see what we come up with!

+ Reply to Thread