+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday....

It's Friday....

Yipee Skipee! What is everyone up to for the weekend? It is fall here in the beautiful mountains of WNC and air is refreshing, the sky is blue (Carolina Blue that is) and a hint of color is starting.

I am at the Farmer's Market tomorrow am with cards and stuff. The Market moves indoors in Nov and not so many people. I have one craft show let the last of Oct. Then tomorrow afternoon I am going to relax and loaf with dh.

I happy to report our dog Shelter is doing so much better. He developed some weakness in his front leg from the pinched nerve, vet said surgery is risky for him, but he isn't in any pain and the last couple of days the weakness is much better. I am so happy to have feeling good again.

Happy Weekend!!!
    We need some new gallery pics-show us some cards and stuff!

Re: It's Friday....

I must get my grandson to show me how to do that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    I must get my grandson to show me how to do that!!!
    Yes you do! I still have problems resizing mine sometimes small enough-it is a bit frustrating.

The sky is blue here, too. We had planned on a night on the boat but my cold is still in my chest so I figure it is not a good idea to go out overnight. In-service day yesterday so I got to rest my voice and that helped. September and little ones, I was bound to be sick!!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I have a nasty cold, so kinda low key here, Sunday we are heading to camp to take the docks in for the year..boo hoo

6. Re: It's Friday....

Yesterday was blucko w/a capital b. Month end that means mandatory overtime. Didnt get out of work until 6:15 (not at time & half since I missed Wed but, I never told y'all about Tues so, that'll be another post...) then got stuck in traffic. Home, dinner at Arby's (they changed their cheese sauce. BLAG!!!! Nasty stuff!!! Tastes like plastic!) run to Walmart in case Nick's friends came home with him (they didnt) and then BED!!!!

Today, should be better. Laundry & stamping. A little facebook, maybe some dusting (or watching ds dust???? LOL). Nice dinner w/Scott's mom (ok the FOOD will be nice!!!) and then I have a coupon for Cold Stone Creamery. YUMMMMMMMM. Im hoping that tomorrow DH will surprise me w/brunch at our favorite brunch place & then relaxing w/football!!! (Nevermind, the Bears are on at noon. Oh well). Looking forward to RELAXING this weekend.

7. Re: It's Friday....

Oh, and the weather here is FABULOUS today!!!! OMG, is it nice out there. Unfortunately, can't get any of that nice breeze INTO the house!!!!

And my stamping has been over-run by eBay selling. I've had a pile of DVDs & BluRays that Becca no longer wants & I promised I list them. Figured, today is as good a day as any......

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy! Those cold bugs have been around here too. My dh had pneumonia week before last but is much improved. Started with a cold-
    It is Flu shot time here. Our health dept has been busy with flu shots. I haven't got mine yet, I usually get mine in late Oct.

Did the Farmer's Market this am- it was so cool and beautiful, about 11 it started getting warm. I had a so so day but sold some cards. Fall and Halloween mostly.
    Gotta get cracken on Christmas cards. I have made a few along but no way near what I will need.
    Looking forward to R&R tomorrow.

Shame you didn't sell more cards, Paula. Our flu shot clinicss are usually in late October, too. I find if I get them too early, I have to watch the Spring flu season!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Yes Heather That is my thoughts on the flu shots. CDC says they are good for about 8 months but that isn't what we learned in school. I guess there is new research etc but I still believe the immunity waines by spring not giving you complete protection.

I am always happy even if I sell a few cards. I enjoy people stopping and looking-sometimes some feel like they need to give me "constructive" criticsim. I try to take it with a smile. I had a lady a few weeks ago telling me she makes cards and mine would sell better if they were blank inside. I said I have some that are blank, but mostly I have requests for ones with a sentiment. She said she just didn't see why people would not want to write their own thoughts...I said I don't know but if you would like to purchase some that are blank I have them here...she walked away. I chuckled to myself and thought-well she isn't from around here. (lol)

+ Reply to Thread