+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Rav got wrecked :(

1. Exclamation My Rav got wrecked :(

Tuesday night, we stopped at Walmart & bought a few things for Scott's mom. Nick had begged to drive & even tho it was raining off & on I let him. We were coming back from her house & were stopped at a green light. The guy in front of us wasn't moving & Scott (who was sitting in front) was just telling Nick to honk when suddenly, I was showered w/broken glass. It was only a split second but I was just dumbfounded; where was this glass coming from & why could I see clearly out of my back window. Oh, and there's a pickup truck really, really close & he's covered in glass too... Weird.......

OH DEAR!!! We've been HIT!!!!! It was weird how slo-mo everything was & how long it took me to realize I had heard the squealing tires & had heard the crash. I honestly didnt feel that forward/back motion tho.

The cops were called, we moved off the road & it was all taken care of. The guy who hit us was really nice and appears to have NO DAMAGE to his truck, (ironically, his truck was the same age as Nick!! His first accident is w/a car as old as him!!!) EVERYONE was ok. The car, not so much.

I took off on Wednesday to get it all worked out. Unfortunately, my insurance wasn't in as much of a hurry. I should have gone to work. They didnt call me back until 3pm!!! (of course, i napped the entire day so, that was a plus!!!) I took the car in & got an estimate of $6000!!! I guess it's better than being totaled!!! (I dont like the look of the new Rav 4s!)

I went to get my rental car & they have NO CARS!!! We went back at 5:30 & they had a Fiat & a Jetta. Much to Becca's disappointment, we took the Jetta. It's ok but not MY CAR!!!!

The insurance called yesterday & they signed off on the estimate. Nick was found NOT to be at fault (yeah, my rates dont go up). They've waived our deductible & will pay whatever it costs. then THEY go after the other guy's ins. I guess he HAS ins, he had a card but who knows if he paid this premiums. LOL

Hopefully, I'll get my car back by the end of this week. Maybe not until the following week... I miss it. This rental expects me to FIND the key in my purse & USE it to open the doors & start the engine!!! AND, it expects me to reach over and PUSH buttons to change the radio station!!! Are we living in a 3rd world country now???? Am I spoiled or what??? LOL

Re: My Rav got wrecked :(

Oh Suzi, sorry about your car but glad no one hurt. Funny how one gets used to their own vehicle. When I drive Fred's I am never as comfortable as when in my own. (Mind you, that is not really comfortable anyway because I hate driving!)
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Oh Suzi, I'm sorry to hear about your car accident. Thank God no one was hurt. I hope all goes along with the rest of the repairs...was your damage in the front or the back? That sounds like a LOT of damage...Hope you son is not too shook up. I still remember my first car accident. I was 17 and was in my parents Rambler Station Wagon!! Is that dating myself or what!!! Thankful you're not hurt...

4. Re: My Rav got wrecked :(

All rear damage. Nick seems ok about it all. But, then, he's a guy. LOL

glad that everyone is ok. and glad that the insurance isn't giving you a hard time..we have been fighting with insurance since last november for an accident we were in where the guy drove the front end of his cat up the side of our truck. how is Nick..did this shake him up? does he still want to drive?

+ Reply to Thread