+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are you making Holiday cards?

1. Are you making Holiday cards?

I am just beginning my cards-I have 4 complete with original designs. I am feeling like I am running a little late. How about you?

2. Re: Are you making Holiday cards?

I have started too Jan, although I had a few surplus from last year:-)

Re: Are you making Holiday cards?

We made a few the other night at club that I posted in the gallery,and the one i made at the retreat lat month makes 4 done! I will get in the swing later I hope!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I am...at least I began...my stamp club is tired of making ATCs now, so we each bring something to work on. I stamped a bunch of medallions and am patiently cutting them out at the meetings. I should be finished this month, but I won't have enough. I need to buckle down!! I haven't sent out my flood cards for this month yet, either!!

Haven't started yet, but it's on my list for early November!!

If it weren't for Palooza, I would never have any done! I too, have a few extra from last year, got very little done in April this time though. Picked a couple designs that were hard(the triple time layered card, had a hard time lining stuff up) and time consuming(mucho masking!). The masking one I also had problems getting a complete image from one of my trees. Didn't know if it was the surface, my stamp but I quit after 2 cards. I did work on it again a few months ago only to find the ink I thought I had used for the moon was obviously NOT the ink I had used. Finally found an ink that I could use, but by then had moved on to a different design. This one I am quite pleased with, I just need to decide what colors I want to use for the base and a mat.

Don't tell, but I bought a box of cards at Costco. They were too adorable and I couldn't NOT get them.

Kathy

living my retirement dream in sunshiney FL

Here's what I do EVERY year. Starting sometime in the summer I start thinking about a design and come up with something I love. By the time November rolls around, I'm tired of looking at it (even though it's a great design). So I suddenly panic in December, come up with something new in the 11th hour, and end up making and mailing all of my cards (approx. 75) a week and a half before Christmas. Some get where they're supposed to be by Christmas... some don't. But that's the way I roll every single year...I'm just a procrastinator at heart.
    betty dallas
    {color outside the lines}

yes! This year I am teaching a 25 Christmas cards in 5 hours class at my LSS. My ladies will use a Kaisercraft 6.5" paper pad and prescored bases, together with some stamped sentiments and diecutting/embossing. The clever part of that is that I had to make 25 samples to show my class...dada! I have 25 cards made in 1 day, and then I sat down with another paperpad that I bought last Christmas and never used, and repeated the exercise- so I have 50 cards done. They just need a sentiment inside, then of course a personal message and envelopes addressed.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    yes! This year I am teaching a 25 Christmas cards in 5 hours class at my LSS. My ladies will use a Kaisercraft 6.5" paper pad and prescored bases, together with some stamped sentiments and diecutting/embossing. The clever part of that is that I had to make 25 samples to show my class...dada! I have 25 cards made in 1 day, and then I sat down with another paperpad that I bought last Christmas and never used, and repeated the exercise- so I have 50 cards done. They just need a sentiment inside, then of course a personal message and envelopes addressed.
    That is really great. I assumed you meant they'd make 5 different cards in 5 designs, not 25 DIFFERENT cards! Holy crow! what an awesome teacher you are.

Kathy

well..I intend to, we'll see how many i actually get done..lol

+ Reply to Thread