+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remember me?

1. Remember me?

I know, I know ... I haven't been here in ages. How's everyone doing? We are all doing ok here.

Been working alot of hours. I had given my 2 weeks notice about a month ago but then had a change of heart when he offered me more money to stay. We are super busy right now getting all the video games ready for the holidays. There's even talk I may have to work THANKSGIVING NIGHT from 6 pm - 11 pm but at top pay so I hope its worth it to go in ....

I do have my Christmas cards done but i only stamped 20 this year. I bought others at Tuesday Morning. They have a great selection and their cards are pretty cheap!!

Emily is in her senior year of college. She will graduate May 3rd with a degree in Public Relations. Her dream would be to work in NYC in PR with the ASPCA since she loves to rescue all sorts of animals. Nicholas is in his senior year of high school and will graduate June 12th (I think). He's enjoying his last year of school there. He started dating Lindsey in June and they hang out all the time! He really doesn't want to go to college so i think he will go to community college first and then transfer later to a bigger college.

Charlie will be having knee replacement surgery in 2 weeks. Both knees at the same time! So this will be interesting!! Its a long recovery but he has to do something as his cartlidge is all worn down and he has bones rubbing on bones and is in alot of pain.

I don't have too much free time to stamp but I did just place a big order with Purple Onion Stamps as I love Stacy Yacula's snowmen. So that will force me to stamp some in the upcoming weeks!!!

You can see them here

I just love her work!!!
    The Shackretary

Re: Remember me?

been wondering about you!
    Charlie will need you around for the recovery!! Hope he does well and is quick. Someday I will be doing that, I will be interested in seeing how he does with both at once.
    WOW the kids are grown up!

Those stamps are adorable!!
    We have missed you here.

very cute stamps! i am wishing troy a fast recovery..keep us posted

Best of luck to Charlie. He will be so much better off when they are done. Someone during my therapy period commented that if men didn't do both at once they wouldn't get the other one done cause they couldn't stand the pain. Then again, while I was in the hospital one of the men in the group therapy had his one side done and 3 months later did come back for the other, so there! If he is able to go someplace where they offer aqua therapy as part of his recovery, DO IT!! I got so much benefit from it, I loved being in the pool. They had recommended it while we were still in the hospital and I am so glad I listened to their advice.

Hope you get the stamping bug again soon. Good sign that you bought some stamps. Don't be such a stranger.

Kathy

Hey Sherry, so glad to see you...I have missed you and think of you often. Glad the job is working out, but having to work a lot is the pits!!! I will be thinking about hubby....I imagine it's daunting to "look forward" but he'll be so glad when it's over. He's too young to have to suffer like that...I will keep both of you in my prayers.

6. Re: Remember me?

Great to see you back on the boards, you have been missed. Hang around now why don't you!

Glad to have an update from you here. Wishing Charlie well with his knee surgery and you well as his nursemaid during that busy time of work!
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

He will be taking baby steps for quite awhile. I only had one done and that was the best advice they gave me. Takes the pressure off your leg quite a bit. The best to him and tell him to
    take his medicine and not be brave. Good luck to you nursing him. - Nancy

Great to see you here, Sherri!
    Thanks for the updates!
    Good luck wearing your NURSE hat!!!
    Joanie

+ Reply to Thread