+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hi again!

1. Re: Hi again!

Hi Ethel, Good to see you here. The stars must be realigning...Sherry stopped in some weeks ago and also talked of possibly stamping again. It would be wonderful to have both of you back.

The world of papercrafting has changed alot. The financial crisis caused real struggles and closure of many small stores and impacted lots of individual stampers too. You will see far less stampers on the large internet sites but some have spread out to all the small stamping businesses. We have lost several of our magazines. Leading scrapbooking businesses worked hard to diversify to include stamping and now the trend is to add mixed medium. Journalling became a big trend this past year which is seen in current stamps taking on a strong graphic look. The expansion includes folks trying their hand developing skills with paints and inks that they never explored before. The great news is individual creativity is embraced more than ever. Stenciling is a big new trend. Embossing folders and dies have expanded lots in size and with more intricate details. Sizzix and Spellbinders websites provide info on the compatibility of EF and dies. I'm sure many of these same changes have crossed over into quilting.

Hope to see you back soon.

2. Re: Hi again!

Hi Ethel!
    It would be wonderful for you to get back into stamping! The flood would be a perfect slow introduction for it too! I'm looking forward to seeing your work again!
    Jennifer
    DT Member for DRS Designs
    My Blog: Ink N' Scrap Habits
    My March 2013 {Winning} Bingo Numbers: 6, 14, 19, 29, 47, 52, 63, 79, 84, 91

Re: Hi again!

Hi Ethel, glad to see you again. I think we all go through "stages" where we fizzle out and then dive back in. Please don't think we're judging your work...we just love to hear from each other. It is such a wonderful thing to have a group of friends who communicate like we do. I love my stamping, although I've been taking a little break, and I also love to knit, AND, read a lot, sew and quilt. (notice what's missing??? cooking and cleaning ). Looking forward to seeing you here!!

+ Reply to Thread