+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi again!

Hi again!

Hi Shackies! Long time, no see! I'm debating getting back into stamping after a 6-year hiatus. Yes. Six years. Well.... maybe except for the Holidays. I've stamped a few times, a Christmas here, a Christmas there. I don't know where to begin. I guess I should probably do an inventory of what I already have. I've been checking out the Stampin' Up bundles and I'm considering the Big Shot. If you own one, do you like it? What makes it better/worse/no different than other similar 'machines?' I'm still attracted to the eclectic stamps, especially the Steampunk stamps.
    I don't really even know where to begin. I like the idea of creating cards, but I guess I don't want to go back to how it was before. I don't want to swap. I don't want to copy what other folks are doing. I don't want to obsess over whether I'm doing something 'right' or 'wrong.' I don't want to stamp or make cards to gain approval. I don't want to buy stuff just to say I own it. But, I like to give cards and I like to get cards. Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on. Hopefully, I'll get some sense of direction over the Holidays; and hopefully, I'll be reacquainted with many of you, once more. PS. Yes -- I also like to quilt.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

Re: Hi again!

Welcome back and your in CO now, did you dislike giving up Fl. I have started quilting also. Will have to make a card and write. Take care, glad to have you back. Join the yearly flood, that's a good way just to make cards. - Nancy

Hi Ethel! Yes, take Nancy's advice and join next year's flood of cards. Some months they are the only cards I make but it is such fun to receive them in the mail. I have a Big Shot and a Cuttlebug. The Cuttlebug did most of what I needed but I had broken a plate so rather than buy that, I upgraded to the Big Shot. It is good and sturdy. I let the little ones at craft day use the Cuttlebug.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Hi Ethel, I was thinking of you recently when the horrible storms hit the Philippines. I was hoping you don't still have family there but if so, that they weren't in harms way. But I have thought of you at other times as well and hoped all was fine with you and your family. Gee, how old is Lucas now? Probably a fine young man now.

I have to echo the others, please do consider joining the Flood. It is an easy way to slide back in and you won't have to send out a card till sometime in January. I'm not posting the first names for a few weeks yet, think about it. I know we'd all love to see one of your cards in our mailboxes again(no pressure! hehe).

P.S. I love my Cuttlebug but I did see a machine advertised the other day that I hadn't before that looked intriguing but don't remember now which it was. The story of my life these days.

Kathy

hi ethel. glad to see you here as i know you won't be at FB anymore..I love seeing you here! I had a cuttlebug for years, but since I got my bigshot(Billy) I named it after Billy Joel for his song bigshot..anyways I LOVE my bigshot. way sturdier than my cuttlebug and takes bigger dies too. I am addicted to dies and Cheery lynn are some of my faves. you will not be sorry with a bigshot as far as I can tell. happy card making and again, I am happy to see you here.

Oh how lovely to see you back here Ethel! I am thrilled to hear you are inspired to stamp again. I love my Big Shot, it does everything I need it to do for cards and scrapbook pages. I would say I use it for almost every card. You probably have plenty of stamps. I agree with just buying as you need stamps rather than buying a ton and never using them! We are all grown-ups, there are no rules, just get in and create and have fun.
    Sarah

Welcome back!! I have a Big Shot too. Recently I bought the e-bosser by Craftwell. It is electric and has 8x10 plates. I saw where JoAnn's and other stores will have them on sale for Black Friday!
    Glad you are coming back, your cards were always Awesome!

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!

Welcome back Ethel!!!

Great to see you Ethel! I always loved your creations! Jump in and do what brings you pleasure. I love my Big Shot and as Sarah said, it does everything!

10. Re: Hi again!

I love my Big Shot (named Joel... after CINDI's big shot. LOL) I loved my cuttlebug for size and "storability" but the big shot is SOOOO much easier. It stays in PLACE so you dont have to use one hand to hold it down another to crank and "the girls" to push the stuff thru!!! Plus I now can buy ANY dies or embossing folders & texture plates & know they will FIT in the cutter. The cuttlebug didnt fit half of them!!! I'm very happy w/my purchase but need some new "clear" plates but can't remember what they're called to have hubby buy them for my stocking!!!

+ Reply to Thread