+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new project...

My new project...

As many of you also do, I have about one billion cards and atcs. I'm never gonna live to send that many, so here's what I'm gonna do, unless there is an overwhelming objection!! Both the stamp store and the scrapbook store I frequent, collect cards and send them to the soldiers. Someone (?) donates the envies. There is a basket in each of the stores and you just put the cards in it. It gives the soldiers a chance to send a real card home for various occasions...I plan to mount the atcs as card fronts and then donate them. The cards are all set to go the way they are. This way they get to send a birthday, congrats, get well, etc card home, even if they aren't anywhere near a store. The only ones that can't go are the ones that sparkle, or are not flat....no glitter, beads, jewels, in case of reflections that could attract attention, or lumpy cards that would be hard to mail to them. OK with you?

Re: My new project...

I can't think of a nicer way to re-purpose them. If any cards/ATCs I have created can bring a moment of joy to someone's life, then I have succeeded. Feel free to do what you like with my creations.
    Sarah

3. Re: My new project...

Patty, I don't think I have near a billion but I do have several boxes of swaps cards. I have a plan similiar to yours but I need to schedule the time to review each card against the no-go list and sort by purpose. TFS!

what a wonderful idea!!! i love it!!

How kind of you Patty! I think it is a great idea!

I know, I just bought a 2 box set at Ikea so I could store all the cards I get for various reasons. That is probably a better thing to do with them. If you have any from me as well, go for it.

Kathy

I have done this in the past and many people send me a note and not sign the card and I pass them on to churchs and have sent many to the military addresses. Since most people throw out a bought card and save the handmade ones forever, they can be enjoyed many times over.-Nancy

That is a wonderful thing to do !
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Operation Write Home is one of the organizations that send blank cards to soldiers overseas. Sounds like a terrific idea! Thanks for the reminder. I've got a boatload of cards to be donated. Sounds like a good job for a blistery January day!

Sally

Great---thank you one and all...I know they will appreciate them.

+ Reply to Thread