+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks ladies

Thanks ladies

To those of you who saw my posting about my dad and have sent me good wishes and prayers, you have no idea what that means to me. Today especially was a bad day. David was such a blessing trying to help be an intermediary with phone calls. I normally have 2 helpers on Monday and had neither today so it was lil ole me and it was very difficult to stop doing my job to keep running to answer phone calls. My boss was very understanding as were my coworkers, even so I still broke down 2 or 3 times.

I am mentally just not prepared to have to handle someone else's business when it isn't like for your spouse. He is being sent to a rehab facility tomorrow(thankfully it didn't end up being today) and I can go and take care of the paperwork. And all of this on top of the fact that we do not have a good relationship so I really don't want to be doing this. He has been the king of poor decisions for almost 40 years and just has never taken responsibility for them and we are left holding the bag.

Kathy

Re: Thanks ladies

Oh Kathy, wish I could reach out and give you a big hug. So thankful you have an understanding workplace. Hugs and prayers for your tasks ahead.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Sending you some hugs. Prayers also being sent.
    shelley

yup, sending you hugs and prayers
    (((hugs)))

5. Re: Thanks ladies

Thinking of you and sending you hugs and prayers, too.
    Teresa

Thinking of you, hoping for peace for you and your family!

7. Re: Thanks ladies

I missed your post Kathy and can't find it. What happened?
    The Shackretary

It was in the Creative Jump start thread, my dad went into the hospital the weekend before Christmas and my brother and I were suddenly having to deal with emptying out his apt( he was planning on moving anyway and had given notice), paying his bills with no way of accessing his account. He has been taking poor care of both himself and his place and the weight of it all has been weighing heavily on me. If I had a normal parent it would have been a different story, but alas those aren't the cards I was dealt. I spent roughly 4 hours Tues. getting him settled into the rehab facility, I'll definitely be going to Heaven.

Kathy

So sorry to hear about this Kathy. You and your family are in my prayers.

Big hugs!!

Sally

+ Reply to Thread