+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First weekend of the New Year...

First weekend of the New Year...

and most of the nation is or has had extreme cold. Even here in the mountain of WNC we have had some single digits and expect more Mon and Tues.

What's everyone up to...staying in to stay warm-any stamping? Any new cards to share or other projects? I need some inspiration. I am working on Valentines now...help!!

Re: First weekend of the New Year...

Spent a few hours purging stuff at my dads yesterday and my brother and I are going back in a little while to do some more. Lots of stuff to go to the Salvation Army, recycling center, sigh. No crafting in sight for me. We have a warm up today, will be in the high 20's and back to several more inches of snow beginning tonight and lasting all day tomorrow and more single digit temps and below zero temps. Hate when it's like this.

Kathy

3. Re: First weekend of the New Year...

Gotta run BACK to the store for stuff I forgot last night. Then, it's some laundry & maybe some ironing. ICK!!! May save that for tomorrow! Tonite, we're going to the Hockey game!!! Blues have been tearing it up this season & even whooped the Kings on Thurs night!!!! Playing Columbus & hoping for a win there!! also HOPING that the snow doesn't start until we're home or at least OUT of the game!! I have some swap ideas that I'll post on Sunday. If they don't fill here, I WILL open them on FB. I LOVE to swap (sorry Kathy, I only do ATCs!!!) and swapping is the only way I end up making myself stamp!!

so cold here the salt can't melt the ice. (-15 C) Rain in the forecast for Monday. Go figure! Crazy weather. Suzi, hope the weather cooperates for the game
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

5. Re: First weekend of the New Year...

It's not supposed to start until after 10 or so. Hopefully, it'll be a quick win (but, that'll mean no fights... I like the fights!! LOL) and we can be on the road before it starts. It's about an hour from our house to StL.....

well all this cold is not fun. to make myself feel better I made a batch of hand,ade flowers, and I made a batch of vellum ones that I used my copics on to add color

Lazy weekend for me! The weather is awful, -32 allowing for the wind chill, so I won't be going anyplace. Those flowers are lovely Cindi, especially the vellum that you colored.
    I need to make a couple of birthday cards, so I'm going to sit in my crafting space and hope for some inspiration.
    Happy New Year everyone.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

Very pretty flowers, Cindi. Chris, we are in the deep freeze here, too, so can relate. We turned back from taking Emily back to university today, the roads were just too ice packed. It should warm up tonight, they said and the salt can work at least.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Love the flowers, Cindi.

Yes Suzi, I know you only do ATC's, just as well since I am also opposed to having Shack/FB swaps so you don't have to worry about me and my big mouth.

Kathy

Pretty flowers Cindi. I can't imagine all of the ice and snow and how hard it is for folks to stay warm and dry. We are expecting record breaking cold but only for a couple of days.

I joined the swaps Suzi as like you it makes me stamp, altho I need to be getting some Valentines Cards done. Maybe tomorrow.

Stay warm, don't forget the animals! It breaks my heart to see them outdoors in this kind of weather.

+ Reply to Thread